For the female EMS'ers out there

Riblett

Lone star and sirduke on the other hand can keep their opinions to themselves :twisted:

I scanned this and didn't see where I'd even commented on this. But in light of being singled out I guess I will have to weigh in.

I work in a service that is predominatly women, in fact two of the three supervisors are women, and they spend 90 percent of their time fighting with each other. I've worked with men all my life and never ever had or seen the infighting and back biting that goes on like this.

As for women being discriminated against, I have nothing against women as long as they understand that if they are holding the job, then they had best be able to DO the job.

What pisses me off is for a woman to have the responsibility and slough off all the parts she doesn't like or want to do.

You want my respect, EARN it. Do your job, and don't whine about having to lift heavy patients, or breaking a nail wrestling with a combative patient.

I work with several women, some who are the best damn partners you could ask for, and some who aren't.

Thats my opinion, and I will not be silenced.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally have no preference, I've seen bad male and female EMT's/medics..

As long as you do your job, I could care less, at my company I've seen some of the girls lift patients better then our guys!

I have seen discrimination here though, but not recently...

I feel the same about race, don't care if your black, white, or chinese, as long as you can get the job done!

And dont give the "my schit dont stink" attitude, no matter who you are..

Don't be a sexist pig. It's not fair.

Who in the hell do you think you are coming in here and making such assumptions on a person you've never met based on an internet forum? Don never said anything remotely sexist

Google defines sexism (to be sexist) as "...the belief or attitude that one gender or sex is inferior to or less valuable than the other". Don said he doesn't care if you're male, female, black, white, Chinese etc as long as you can do your job which I think is fair - likewise, I don't care what you are, male, female, black, purple, white, rich, poor (hey thats all of us in EMS init?! :lol:) etc as long as you can do the job.

I'm unsure which banned member who has come back under some pseudonym you are but give it up, it's just sad mate.

Ben

axevixen wrote;

Don't be a sexist pig. It's not fair.

Did you even read the post. He gave his opinion and it wasn't sexist.

I have worked with good and great medics, both male and female. That being said I have worked with medics that I wouldn't trust to work on stray dogs. Again both male and female. My opinion is this: I don't care what type of plumbing you carry in your pants indoor or outdoor. Do your job, be a paramedic, we go into places and deal with people in situations most people can't even imagine. This is reality if you can't put up don't try to step up. Go back to asking people if they want fries with their order!

End of rant :lol:

Ok well while we are on the topic:

Screw sex it has NO bearing in EMS.

Wanted alien EMS life form.

No sleep required for optimal performance.

3 hands needed.

3 eyes (one in the back of head)

Non judgmental and lack of any sex ... bang em all.

cheers

Well, I would like to thank the people on here that DO KNOW ME and who I am,

Kiwi, defib, I appreciate it.

I like how some pu$$y who has to hide behind another name tries to knock me down a few pegs, well, guess what "killer", It didn't work.

People on here that have known me the year and a half I've been here, know that i am not a sexist and they know the real me, unlike you......oh and thank you, you just gave me a new "title" on here..... :lol:

Well, I would like to thank the people on here that DO KNOW ME and who I am,

Kiwi, defib, I appreciate it.

I like how some pu$$y who has to hide behind another name tries to knock me down a few pegs, well, guess what "killer", It didn't work.

People on here that have known me the year and a half I've been here, know that i am not a sexist and they know the real me, unlike you......oh and thank you, you just gave me a new "title" on here..... :lol:

Well Don, you must not be allowed to have your opinion. She obviously hasn't ever talked to you, or else she would know that your not sexist. But that would have to include her removing her head from her ass... I don't see that happening.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.