Fentanyl with MI

Niftymedi911

I thought things had changed since then.
Naw. I've even heard of the occasional femur fracture being BLS'ed without pain management. NEVER seen it for something like dislocation (as MUCH as they hurt). Imagine the agonizing ambulance rides 15 minutes to the hospital, plus wait time in overcrowded ERs.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naw. I've even heard of the occasional femur fracture being BLS'ed without pain management. NEVER seen it for something like dislocation (as MUCH as they hurt). Imagine the agonizing ambulance rides 15 minutes to the hospital, plus wait time in overcrowded ERs.

The good old femur fx. I don't know how many times we responded to one of those, usually coal mine or motorcycle accidents. And I know we've all noticed a reduction in some pain with the use of a Hare-Traction splint. But no matter how much pain had been alleviated I still popped them with some MS. Those rigs don't ride like Cadillacs.

I really don't understand how a femur fx can be BLS'd. A closed fx can still loose 1500ml/femur...not a small amount!

I really don't understand how a femur fx can be BLS'd. A closed fx can still loose 1500ml/femur...not a small amount!

Sometimes it's just a BLS service.

Responsibly it probably shouldn't. That's not what LA EMS is about though . . . ALS will just lie to you about vitals or what happened and write in a different chief complaint to BLS it. Nothing much seems to happen when hospital complains to their station captains.

Responsibly it probably shouldn't. That's not what LA EMS is about though . . . ALS will just lie to you about vitals or what happened and write in a different chief complaint to BLS it. Nothing much seems to happen when hospital complains to their station captains.

Sounds like they could use a new medical director...like the Dr. from Florida... :twisted:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.