Cadaver, Anatomy, Procedure Lab for EMS Dec 3 and 4

Doczilla

I dont want some dumb Hollywood surgeon practicing on me for bimbos like Pam Anderson or Michael (aka Latoya) Jackson.

Hmmm...Lois Lane never sees Clark Kent and Superman in the same place at the same time, and we never see The Gloved One and LaToya at the same time...

[marq=left:114752e7b9]O M G![/marq:114752e7b9]

Hmm... Maybe. Have to see how good I'm in with the boss... My Wednesday shifts are traditionally hard to fill...

Seriously dude! You should! Tell the boss that your good friend, an ER physician, has personally invited you to this rare educational opportunity, and that you hate to miss such an opportunity. Hell, he might even give you points for your educational commitment on your review! I just wouldn't tell him that 90 percent of it is outside your scope, lol. Just say it's a cadaver lab and leave it at that. :lol:

Normally I'd jump on the chance. But due to difficulties beyond my control, I'm not able to make that kind of trip.

Would it be taking a spot that could be better used by an ALS provider/student for me to register? None of the skills mentioned are within my scope and I'd hate to take the opportunity from someone who could make immediate use of the practice. Otherwise I'm looking at taking a day or two off to drive down.

The point of the class is not simply to practice procedures (though that's a big part of it), but to give a better grounding in principles of anatomy and pathophysiology as they relate to emergency care, which is relevant to all levels of prehospital provider.

'zilla

Seriously dude! You should! Tell the boss that your good friend, an ER physician, has personally invited you to this rare educational opportunity, and that you hate to miss such an opportunity. Hell, he might even give you points for your educational commitment on your review! I just wouldn't tell him that 90 percent of it is outside your scope, lol. Just say it's a cadaver lab and leave it at that. :)

She offered to pay my airfare too :shock: , but that would kill my training allowance for the fiscal year. :?

Time to snipe some of dad's frequent flyer miles!