Woman sues Salem after tripping over EMT bag

NYC-EMS

A woman is suing Salem for $100,000, claiming she broke her wrist when she tripped over a firefighter’s emergency bag.

Betty Ann Peck discovered a woman passed out on the floor of a ladies room at a Salem restaurant in November 2005 and called for help. She claims in her suit filed last week in Salem Superior Court that when rescuers asked her to move out of the way, she tripped over a bag that had been placed on the floor, creating a “negligent, defective and hazardous condition.”

Another fine example of our litigious society. Why put in an honest days work for your money when you can sue your way to riches? Nothing stokes my coals more than someone who talks about how they would sue the bejeesus out of anyone for anything so they could retire fat, dumb and happy. How about you earn yer damn keep, jackass?

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/...g_over_EMT_bag/

This one is actually true. Well, I guess there is a legitimate case here. In this day and age we can't be too careful. Watch where you dump those EMS bags. This peaks my curiosity however. If she had tripped over a chair (or a toilet in this case) would she have sued the restaurant??? More than likely!

Another case in point...an off duty EMT/paramedic student comes upon an accident close to her home. Rescue arrives and begins extrication. They ask her to get out of the way, but the ambulance crew (not associated with rescue and not the service she works for) tells her to stay there. A chain snaps while removing the roof of the car and injures her hand. She is now suing fire/rescue but not the ambulance service. The best part is she is claiming disability yet continues to play softball and racketball.

This is the kind of crap that pisses me off.

• Like 1

$100,000 for a broken wrist my arse! Get a life, how ridiculous. She should have been looking at were she was stepping. If for some strange reason she gets compensation it should only be enough to cover the medical bill. Good lord :roll: Chopper Reed says “Harden the F$#K up!”

Another case in point...an off duty EMT/paramedic student comes upon an accident close to her home. Rescue arrives and begins extrication. They ask her to get out of the way, but the ambulance crew (not associated with rescue and not the service she works for) tells her to stay there. A chain snaps while removing the roof of the car and injures her hand. She is now suing fire/rescue but not the ambulance service. The best part is she is claiming disability yet continues to play softball and racketball.

This is the kind of crap that pisses me off.

As it should!

Someone who should have never been there in the first place is assuming their own liability when they decide to play the freelancing card. All the more reason to not stop in the first place. The pt. is entrapped, what exactly does this medic student think she is going to do to save the day? Is she going to single handedly intubate upside down and through the window? She should have been sent on her merry little way. However, it's no wonder she is suing the fire department. Her insurance company probably wised up and refused her claim. Too bad, so sad..................................

A woman is suing Salem for $100,000, claiming she broke her wrist when she tripped over a firefighter’s emergency bag.

Betty Ann Peck discovered a woman passed out on the floor of a ladies room at a Salem restaurant in November 2005 and called for help. She claims in her suit filed last week in Salem Superior Court that when rescuers asked her to move out of the way, she tripped over a bag that had been placed on the floor, creating a “negligent, defective and hazardous condition.”

Maybe she should pay attention to where she's walking?Dumb ass. Common sense isn't common anymore,in fact its a rarity.

November 2005 and she is filing suit in November 2008; three years later? Yeah that's bound to be because she has a genuine claim and not because some bills cropped up or she wants a new car or some shit.

Like Chris my cop friend says, take a handful of harden the !@#$ up and get over it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.