Dumb things people do at emergencies

mobey

And did you know Richard that "tribe" in Canada is a pejorative? In Canada, the politically correct term is "band".

It always is a good thing to learn something new each day, and this was 2 things: the use of the word "Band", and the definition of the word "pejorative".

Anyone on the EMT City site, if you are of the First Nations, I apologize for my error in terminology.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a patient having an anxiety attack and chest pains have this conversation with my partner:

Patient- If something happens during the transport......I....um......I......I want you to let me die.

Medic- You want me to just let you die?

Patient- Yes, I have a DNR.

Medic- Where is your DNR?

Patient- It is in Jacksonville (Fl) with my son.

Medic- So, if something happens during the transport, you don't want me to do anything?

Patient- Well......you can breath for me, but that is all.

Medic- So if your heart stops do you want me to try and give you some medication to start it back up?

Patient- Yea, that is ok.

Medic- Would you like to put a breathing tube in you to help you breath just in case?

Patient- Yes, please do that. :roll:

Some people just don't know what they really want in life....or death, in this case. :D

I had a patient having an anxiety attack and chest pains have this conversation with my partner:

Patient- If something happens during the transport......I....um......I......I want you to let me die.

Medic- You want me to just let you die?

Patient- Yes, I have a DNR.

Medic- Where is your DNR?

Patient- It is in Jacksonville (Fl) with my son.

Medic- So, if something happens during the transport, you don't want me to do anything?

Patient- Well......you can breath for me, but that is all.

Medic- So if your heart stops do you want me to try and give you some medication to start it back up?

Patient- Yea, that is ok.

Medic- Would you like to put a breathing tube in you to help you breath just in case?

Patient- Yes, please do that. :roll:

Some people just don't know what they really want in life....or death, in this case. :D

I can see that happening.

Mateo_1387, sounds like that patient is of the thought of "I don't care that I have no idea of what it is, or what it does, I am convinced that I cannot live without one!"

(Send me 2 of them!)

[/font:7ebf913461]

My partner and I were paged out in the middle of the night for a seizure call. Once we arrived on scene, a drunk gentleman led us into a bedroom where we found a female (late 20's, early 30's) sitting on the edge of a bed. There was another drunk gentleman with her. Pt stated that she thinks she had a seizure, stated she did have Hx. Pt was "very well blessed" in the breast department. While my partner and I were talking with her, the one gentleman began reaching down into her shirt. I started thinking, "WTF, can't you wait until we leave?" He pulled 3 or 4 sticks of butter from her bra. He stated that he was told to "cool the her down" when she had a seizure and, that was the only thing he could find. Don't remember reading anything like that in my EMT book.

Had a gal in labor very early in the morning. To alleviate the labor pain she got drunk.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.