Some of you will like this and some of you won't

Michael

The Checkpoinusa guy with the camera, why dont we ever see his face,,,,,,, COWARD......... this stupidity is the reason USCBP units are short hundreds if not thousands of officers, who wants to be subjected to his stupidity........

He was just wasting everyones time,,, what an A$$HO%$.........

he likes to play his word games, but these checkpoints are instrumental in catching everything from DWI drivers, to Illegals, to dope runners to stolen cars, to homicide suspects........

The reason they set up this way,, for those uninformed is that even witgh 100% check they cant check every vehicle,, also coyotes run people across the border then drop them off in local towns were they steal cars and hed out on the highway.......hence a secondary checkpoint.

Before you critcize the officers and agents and praise this RETARD, go do a ride along with the USCBP, US BLM Rangers, NPS Rangers or nay othe runit that works to Southern border,,,, it is a real eye opener... and it will give you insight into what kind of lawlessness goes on down there.......

CHECKPOINTUSA = COWARD and anti american JackA$$ in my book......

IMHO.......

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Checkpoinusa guy with the camera, why dont we ever see his face,,,,,,, COWARD

Evidently, he has good reason based on the surprising responses from this civil forum alone. As a faceless man, he also represents the dissenting minority, which is fine by me.

......... this stupidity is the reason USCBP units are short hundreds if not thousands of officers, who wants to be subjected to his stupidity........

I dunno, I think the long hours and endless running the entire shift, requirements to live in border states, border towns and arresting the same illegals over and over, may have something to do with it as well. As stated per a current CBP agent friend of mine.

He was just wasting everyones time,,, what an A$$HO%$.........

I dunno, I think he made a valid point and raised some awareness of the issue. Standing up for our rights as citizens doesn't seem to be that big of a waste of my time.

he likes to play his word games, but these checkpoints are instrumental in catching everything from DWI drivers, to Illegals, to dope runners to stolen cars, to homicide suspects........

The reason they set up this way,, for those uninformed is that even witgh 100% check they cant check every vehicle,, also coyotes run people across the border then drop them off in local towns were they steal cars and hed out on the highway.......hence a secondary checkpoint.

DWI and homicide suspects eh? Hmm, maybe we should set up check points in EVERY state, along EVERY highway if they are that effective. I mean why only catch the bad guys in the border states, let us get them everywhere with random checks instead of solid evidence collection. We should have 100% road checks effective immediately.

Before you critcize the officers and agents and praise this RETARD, go do a ride along with the USCBP, US BLM Rangers, NPS Rangers or nay othe runit that works to Southern border,,,, it is a real eye opener... and it will give you insight into what kind of lawlessness goes on down there.......

It is insane, I know it is. I get first hand accounts from some very close friends. However the stories are just as impressive and no less important than stories out of any urban city in America.

CHECKPOINTUSA = COWARD and anti american JackA$$ in my book...... IMHO.......

Anti American?? Another interesting choice of words. A carefully enacted act of civil disobedience is anti American? If history serves me correct, it is these very kinds of acts which have created and preserved our freedoms and civil liberties since America was founded. Someone has to be a voice, otherwise we will end up far worse than we ever imagined. Giving these issues a voice and enlightening the general populace is essential for us to continue to enjoy the life to which we are accustomed.

Am I really the only one missing the irony that it is two Hispanic individuals who are attempting to protect our borders (right or wrong) and that it is the lilly white Berkley douche bag who is raising such a fuss? Also one of the Agents is named P. Villa! :lol:

As a Former Law Enforcement Officer I will tell you this. I'd rather these Border Patrol Agents be on the actual border than 40 miles into my country. I guess the title "BORDER" patrol is lost on the agency. That is probably why the moral is so low at the Border Patrol now.

When I was a Police Officer I went out of my way to PROTECT peoples rights, not take them away. I only took rights away when I was mandated by law or policy to do so. It is our right to question authority. The last I knew you had to have one of two things to "detain" someone. Reasonable Suspicion and/or Probable Cause. Neither seemed to be the case here. Even if you tried to apply the lesser of the two standards which is suspicion it wouldn't apply here.

The very fact that the supervisor of these Border Patrol agents let this man proceed should tell you that more than likely the Border Patrol itself is questioning the legality of these check points and doesn't want to make a scene.

I was once "detained" myself by a rogue Police Officer before becoming one myself. The feeling wasn't a great one. Without going into detail I made it a point when I became a Police Officer to only interject myself into situations that I was needed or called too. I was VERY pro-active, but I NEVER crossed that line of questionable detentions once. I would implore all departments throughout the United States to be the same way.

As a Former Law Enforcement Officer I will tell you this. I'd rather these Border Patrol Agents be on the actual border than 40 miles into my country. I guess the title "BORDER" patrol is lost on the agency.

Ditto. And I'd also rather them be soldiers than wannabe cops.

I the border were guarded by the military -- as a free nation is entitled to do -- we wouldn't need these Gestapo checkpoints in the interior. And we wouldn't have to deal with the fallout of their ineptitude, like the deadly chases they run through our communities. Neither presidential candidate wants to talk about it, but our border protection is absolutely the most FAILED policy of this nation.

Shhhh, don't say anything too loud Dust, I am banking on that to get to EMStock next year!!

What are the border-guards credentials anyway?

Similar to Cops, Soldiers, Security guards?

I wouldn't throw all of those jobs into one pot as they are not all the same and require different levels of knowledge. As a Paramedic,RN,LPN are not the same. Apples do not equal oranges.

Allow me to claify

What are the border-guards credentials anyway?

Similar to:

Cops?

Soldiers?

Security guards?

In terms of education they want you to have atleast 2 years of post secondary,preferably in law,some other small certs like a firearms license,cpr etc. In terms of power they have, I would say they are very similiar to the RCMP/Canadian Coast Guard as they are all federally ran, and regulated. Security guards just have a card that says they are security officers and have passed a clearance. Peace officers are a bit higher and go through a bit training/POPAT tests from my understand.

Here is a link I hope you find useful.

CBSA-ASFC

I suppose we should post a link to the United States Border Patrol website so people can know their ACTUAL minimum qualifications. I will quote a snippet of the minimum qualifications. The full link is below.

Applicants must meet the following requirements:

be under age 40

be a U.S. citizen and resident of the U.S.

be fluent in Spanish or be able to learn the Spanish language

possess a valid state driver’s license

pass a thorough background investigation, medical examination, fitness test, and drug test

What can I expect if I get hired?

New hires must successfully complete a 55-day paid “Basic Academy” training at the "U.S. Border Patrol Academy” in Artesia, N.M. Training includes such topics as immigration and nationality laws, Spanish, physical training and marksmanship. An additional 40 days will be required, past the 55 day Basic Academy training, for those that need Spanish language instruction. Border Patrol Agents must be willing to work overtime and shift work under arduous conditions, and be proficient in the use of and carry firearms. Border Patrol Agents are subject to random drug testing. They may also be sent on temporary assignments on short notice and on permanent reassignments to any duty location. All Border Patrol Agents start their careers along the Southwest border.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/customs...reers/bp_agent/