Some of you will like this and some of you won't

Michael

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So would this guy be offended by a "RIDE" check as well? How would that video have played if he had simply stated his citizenship? If US Immigration wants to pay a bunch of people to park in the middle of nowhere and ask people a couple of reasonable questions let them. I don't see any violations of a person's rights I see a supposedly intelligent man being a TWIT because he has nothing better to do.

Honestly, I am amazed at the stupidity of some people in our country! If a terrorist event takes place people bash the Homeland security for what went wrong. But when they do something to try to maybe stop an event, idiots are riding around with video cameras and not letting them catch the bad guys! WTF?

If what he was attempting to make a point about was real, then one would had never seen this video or him ever again. Compare that to other countries that one would dare qustion the authorities. Too bad one cannot make a slide and post into the video of : "Idiot... One that pisses off a person, that is wearing a weapon"....

Seriously, some people need to get a real life.

R/r 911

Well, the guy filming had balls. I've heard of where some check points aren't that civil. It sounds like he was stirring up stuff that he didn't need to be. Why? At first I was wondering if it was a fake "boarder patrol" set up by "unlawful" individual and they guy was trying to expose them.

I might have missed something. I got an important phone call right in the middle of it.

I actually agree with the guy. Civil disobedience is one of our last defenses against giving up every freedom we have left.

The guy was very professional, he was not rude or an ass. His actions were acceptable and his questions and questioning of the checkpoint were valid.

The ignorance is on the government's side, the burden of proof is theirs to provide; which as evidenced by this video, they can not do.

I think we are, and we have already given up way too many rights all in the name of Homeland Security. Scare tactics work wonders, people are willing to give up almost everything to feel safe and protected, especially when they feel hopeless or defenseless. This is how it all starts. Years and years of releasing small liberties, tolerating the minor snatch and grabs here and there, until eventually we are no better off than the rest of the world whom we try to promote our sense of democracy within their borders, welcomed or not.

I'm torn on this one. On one hand Checkpoint USA made some good points, however I don't see taking 5 seconds to state your citizenship as an unreasonable search or seizure.

On the third hand, I'm not sure what simply stating your citizenship would prove - anyone can say they're a US citizen if they don't have to provide government-issued identification of some sort.

Also, is this now an instructional video on how to get thru a checkpoint if you're not a US citizen?

I wonder if Checkpoint USA has the same issues with DUI checkpoints? If so, I'd love to see that video.

If they took these people running checkpoints and put them actually ON the border, they might actually do some good.

I guess that makes too much sense. Idiots.

Not knowing much about our southern border scheme of things. I will say this. That when i passed back into the us from canada last year. I was ask 3 simple ?'s 1 Am I and my passengers us citizens 2 Do we have documentation 3 what is the reason for entering the us. From what i see these are standard questions that they must ask as a border agent. I do see both sides of the coin on our liberties but see no relevence other than to excite emotions of the low level officers If they truely want to get to the reasonings for these road blocks have a real name reporter finvestigate this issue.

Give me Liberty or Give me Death

Patrick Henry march 23, 1775

in which it is believed that death guarantees a persons freedom.

Cross over the border to mexico and try that lol