Fire trucks crash into each other.

PCB

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken from This report

[Cheif] Jenkerson said the department policy is to drive cautiously. "We do not 'run' intersections," he said. "If there's a red light, we stop and look both ways and make sure you have a clear intersection to proceed through."

Doesn't look like it to me.

Why do people continue to run red lights? Even if some States permit it, should common sense not prevail?

No excuse for it. :evil:

I think it kept going as more of a momentum issue, rather than fleeing the scene.

I never even stopped to consider what objects of this mass would happen if they crashed together...

Does anyone know the detailed fall-out from this happening? (damage to the rigs?) -- I gather everyone was reasonably OK from the article. I'd have thought it would have punched in the windshield on the other apparatus pretty agressively...

Hmm, I wonder who ran the red light (and before anyone takes any sides since the traffic opposite of the one coming towards us had a red light, traffic control devices like opticon will turn all lights red besides the one for the direction of the emergency vehicle).

Wow, they have some cheap ass fire trucks. I suppose that other truck didn't keep going, the driver was probably too stunned to stop quick. Likely rolled a bit then stopped.

Since I live close enough I heard about it when it happened. But saw for the first time on the news this morning.

Now back in '88 we had a similar accident. But it was with a snorkel and a coal train. The train didn't stop either. Didn't get any footage of that one.