Stair chair - Stryker vs Ferno

mobey

I used the Stryker all through school, and the company i'm doing my practicum with uses the Ferno's. Personally I like the Stryker better, and even though your technically not supposed to, to get that 300+ pound patient out of the basement, use the tracks, it makes your life alot easier than trying to carry them up 12 stairs

we had the same problem when i came on board. i called the guys in charge of those chairs and explained my problem. they brought the chair for my squad to use for a month. that was good enough for us to figure out what chair best suited us and the styker won hands down. the way the chair works from the treads, to the way the back goes up and down for us moving the pt to saving your back with all the saftety aspects on the chair. the colored straps in the middled of the night something( so simple ) its worth every dime the straps( being colored coded.) i really think the skyker is worth every penny. good luck! ;):o:o

• 4 months later...

We use the STRYKER stair chair it is great for going down stairs, but we are purchasing a MOV POWER STAIR CHAIR by PARAMED it will go up 400 stairs on one battery and carrie 450 lbs we do 911 calls and take patients back home also

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.