Round 2 of EMT B exam..need help

I am studying right now for a 2nd shot at it. I don't know really which way to go. I remember the questions on the test. An trying to study them areas. I also been taking practice exams and been doing no so good. I got a bad habit of 2nd guessing myself too. I been told to read the whole book but, that will take a while..An I can't really wait that long to take it again. Anyone got any pointers????

Thanks,

John

How long do you have to study?

What areas posed the most problems for you?

How have you studied to date? Have these techniques worked for you?

How have your previous test scores been? If this mark was an anomaly what is different about this test?

What is the format of the test? What is a passing grade?

These questions are important starting point for giving any advice and for you to ask yourself in laying out your plans to study.

• 1 month later...

The exam can be difficult because most of the answers are often correct. BUT, what they are looking for is the MOST correct answer. Whatever stood out to me the most was what I picked. The first few questions I did what it sounds like you did, which is to second guess myself and read into the questions. These questions should be based on your instinct more than anything, if you of course have correct instincts. I just pictured each as my own call and selected the answer closest to what I myself would do and had no issues.

Remember the ABC's, scene safe, BSI first. Then move on to the rest of the question. However, you state that reading the book will take too long. Why bother with the test at all if you are not willing to put in the work that it will take to pass the test with knowledge rather than luck? I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but seriously, if you are at all interested in providing care to sick and injured people, you owe it to your potential future patients to have a general knowledge base from which to work from. In all honesty, if you paid attention in class, you really should not need to read the whole book, but skim over it, and look for the things that stand out. Especially the tables, and comments below the pictures. Unless the test has changed drastically in 15 years, the basic test is not that hard.

Put in the work that it will take to pass, whatever the committment will be.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.