Personal equipment/your "uniform"

d2600

down here no one on the fire dept's has a "uniform". Most show up in shorts,t-shirts, jeans and old fashioned bib overalls. My vollie uniform consists of a camo hat and shirt with dept name. We have several sets of turn-outs on the truck and you use the one that fits. PS never used it in almost a year.

We don't run ambulances thru the fire dept. The private ambulance crew does have a polo shirt and medis pants as there uniform. At a scenes, you can't tell the spectators from the first responders.

Our agency offers the following:

Three (3) Pair Uniform Pants

Three (3) Uniform Shirts

One (1) Jacket

One (1) Badge

One (1) Name Tag/Collar Brass Set

Two (2) Jump Suits

One (1) Protective Rain Jacket

One (1) Turnout Coat for Extrication

One (1) Incident command Accountability Tag

One (1) Protective Helmet

One (1) Polo Shirt

Appropriate flight suits and helmet for employees assigned to Air Ambulance Operations

• 3 weeks later...

The rescue squad that I am on in Minnesota wears whatever. It depends on when you joined the squad. Over time we have gotten sweatshirts and t-shirts. We just got polos. We don't wear EMT pants. We have coats that Id who we are and pretty much wear those when we are on calls. There really isn't a uniform that we are required to wear on calls. Most of us just show up in whatever we happen to be wearing when the call comes in. But remember that we don't really work shifts, we are on call 24/7 so that might make a difference.

The rescue squad that I am on in Minnesota wears whatever. It depends on when you joined the squad. Over time we have gotten sweatshirts and t-shirts. We just got polos. We don't wear EMT pants. We have coats that Id who we are and pretty much wear those when we are on calls. There really isn't a uniform that we are required to wear on calls. Most of us just show up in whatever we happen to be wearing when the call comes in. But remember that we don't really work shifts, we are on call 24/7 so that might make a difference.

Don't you have like overalls or something? What about protection gear? That seems dangerous to me. So you cut up cars in your own cloths?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.