Personal equipment/your "uniform"

d2600

• 4 weeks later...
On our vol. BLS crew, you get a t-shirt. We have NO ONE on call at our station. We are paged out and whoever can go shows up at the station. @ 3 a.m. your lucky if anyone has a piece of gum to kill some of that bad breath..... let alone a uniform. A pair of pants and a t-shirt will work just fine!!

WOW...And what is your opinion on this setup?

(I'll bite my tongue for now)

On our vol. BLS crew, you get a t-shirt. We have NO ONE on call at our station. We are paged out and whoever can go shows up at the station. @ 3 a.m. your lucky if anyone has a piece of gum to kill some of that bad breath..... let alone a uniform. A pair of pants and a t-shirt will work just fine!!
](*,)

Mobey, I don't really know what to say.

• 1 year later...

My student, volunteer, 24/7 (during academic year), non-transporting, First Responder trained only, team that I was on during University even had a required uniform. Cargo pants with reflective twill and red t-shirt with team logo on the back and in small on the front. Being a volunteer is no excuse for being slovenly.

Cargo pants with reflective twill and red t-shirt with team logo on the back and in small on the front. Being a volunteer is no excuse for being slovenly.

Apparently, whoever designed that fugly uniform was not on board with that concept.

My VFD, you buy your shirts. You show up on scene, or on the ambulance in anything but a department shirt, and BDU's or Bunkers and you will be getting a talking to.

Even if your not paid you can still act professional.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.