Type II ambulances on 911-calls

Harold1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have worked in vans for BLS 911, and recently ran a call as an ALS provider. I was assisting one of our BLS trucks. There was 1 EMT, an EMT student, the patient, and me. Needless to say, the student tried really hard to be part of the wall.

We only have 1 van left, and it's on the short list to leave.

(other than annual 'improvements', the rest of our 15 trucks are the same).

We borrowed a type II while one of our trucks was being remounted, it wasn't too terribly different to work out of, a bit smaller than what we were used to.

But then, our type I ambulances still have old, 70's model boxes which have been remounted several times, and are smaller than the ones my part time job has.

The problem I have with them is the side mount stretcher, which gives you very limited access to the right side of your patient.

Not to mention they are shorter, so if you aren't a midget, you tend to bang the hell out of your head until you get used to ducking automatically.

Not to mention they are shorter, so if you aren't a midget, you tend to bang the hell out of your head until you get used to ducking automatically.

On that: They thought I was 67 inches tall, not 66 inches, but then the bump on my head healed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.