Resume---EMT job description??

stopidrookie

When I, and not trying to make this about me, but when I decided to get into this profession, there were no schools within 150 miles that offered the Fast Track Paramedic program. My only choice was to take the EMT course, get hired with a service, then solicit them to send me to paramedic school. The local schools require you to be referred, or "sponsored" by a service.

Going off to school was not an option for me as I have wife kids and related bills.

As for being a lazy bastard who uses EMT-I to "lord" over Basics, how is that going to happen when none of the services want Basics, nor hire them, other than the previously mentioned Private Transport services?quote]

So what your saying is that YOU used this level of care as a STEPPING STONE, right? Isn't that what I said a couple of times now, and how I personally understand this situation as a means to an end? So why exactly are you upset? Also too assume that I know nothing about GA's EMS system is way off, even with me living and working in Missouri (for the record). As a matter of fact I believe that yes private services do utilize EMTs for basic transfers, but is it not true that Rural Metro in both south and north Fulton counties use EMTs to fill the second slot on a truck with a medic? I do believe they run 9-1-1 calls in those areas as well. Sounds like you may need to do some research about your own state before pointing a finger.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulton county perhaps does use them, I could be wrong, not a Paragod yet, but, how if I might ask, is an EMT on a truck with a Medic going to "lord over" someone.

I'm sure there are some cases where they use basics on 911 trucks, but it isn't the norm.

Firstly, as I stated before, Georgia just within the last two years recognized basic EMTs, prior to that, it was EMT Intermediate, and EMIT Paramedic. They started recognizing basics to appease the private transport companies who wanted the basics for transfer runs. I disagree with this, but wasn't my choice, as it didn't appear on any ballot.

Isn't it funny that you disagree with using EMTs on transfer trucks and I disagree with using EMT-Is on 9-1-1 trucks?

Who disagreed with using them on transfer trucks, I disagreed with recognizing basics in Georgia period, due to the fact that it could potentially lower the pay scale for us all. Just like the paramedics disagreed and raised hell when Georgia considered going to the 99 standard for EMT-I's. For the same reason.

Who disagreed with using them on transfer trucks, I disagreed with recognizing basics in Georgia period, due to the fact that it could potentially lower the pay scale for us all. Just like the paramedics disagreed and raised hell when Georgia considered going to the 99 standard for EMT-I's. For the same reason.

I do believe you just agreed with my argument. This is only one of the reasons that being "less educated" in our field is a problem, and the fact that managers will utilize these lower levels of care for a desired effect should bother all of us. This is why I state that if your using this level as a stepping stone to a higher level of care then fine, but making a career choice out of it is just plain LAZY!

thanks for the debate!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.