NREMT-P refresher

Arizonaffcep

I am getting ready to hold an NREMT-P refresher (with CPR and ACLS) in the next few weeks, and was wondering on some topic ideas. My plan: to cover the required NR topics as quickly as possible. Then, with the remaining time, address some new/not often covered topics in ALS refreshers. So...with that being said, does anyone have any suggestions? The audience in the areas are mostly FF/CEP's with some private CEP's (certified emergency paramedics), with most doing 911 and a smaller percentage doing interfacility. Also, anyone have any creative things to do? I've come up with several, which I am working on and once I am done, will post them under the resources area. Any help would be great! Thanks!

If it's mostly firefighters, you'll want to keep it simple. Perhaps a few hours covering the colour of each prefill med box, so they won't give Lidocaine in place of glucose quite as often. That's always a plus. If you want to really fascinate them for hours, get them debating the friction loss in oxygen tubing. :D