Re-Obtaining NR Certification?

Just wondering if anyone knew how I could possibly re-obtain my NREMT without taking the whole curriculum again?

A while back during a seminar, I personally asked this question to Ken Bovior (sp?) who was the director of NREMT or NAEMT (I forgot which) and he said Id have to take it all over again... but from some light digging it dosnt seem like its true. However its the only answer Ive ever been given.

I dont regret anything but in retrospect, since EMS is no longer a hobby, I wish the hell I never let it lapse.

As always, thanks for the help!

I think it all depends on how long you have been inactive. If you have been inactive for more than 2 years I think you are done for.

I'd call the registry and get it from them.

Inactive in terms of NR status Id assume? Then yes its been about 4 years, just had my second refresher 7 months ago. Thats a bummer. Guess being active EMT for 4 years isnt enough? lol

Never really thought to call them myself, figured they may have more important things to be concerned over. Ill give it a shot though. Thanks for the quick response.

It's not up to NR. It's up to your state. So long as your state sends a letter authorising NR re-entry, and you show at least a 24 hour refresher, you can test for NR. But again, your state will decide what you have to do before they will authorise you with NR. Your state may say you have to re-take the whole thing, and that is their prerogative.

• 2 months later...
Just wondering if anyone knew how I could possibly re-obtain my NREMT without taking the whole curriculum again?

A while back during a seminar, I personally asked this question to Ken Bovior (sp?) who was the director of NREMT or NAEMT (I forgot which) and he said Id have to take it all over again... but from some light digging it dosnt seem like its true. However its the only answer Ive ever been given.

I dont regret anything but in retrospect, since EMS is no longer a hobby, I wish the hell I never let it lapse.

As always, thanks for the help!

If you are lapse and within 2 years of you card expiring, you just have to take a refresher and take the skills and written test. If it is past the 2 years you will have to take the entire class again.

NREMT is strick on that.

John

If you are lapse and within 2 years of you card expiring, you just have to take a refresher and take the skills and written test. If it is past the 2 years you will have to take the entire class again.

NREMT is strick on that.

The word is "strict". And no, they are not.

Read the post above yours. It is fact from the NR website.

Wow Dust, you must be slipping :D

Enroll in a paramedic program and obtain it when you get done.

Huh?

EDIT: Nevermind. I understand now. I was thinking of EMT-P, not EMT-B. I forget about those insignificant levels.

My apologies, jlsimons. I was confused. You were right.