You might be in the NYC*EMS System if........

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know a "Bucket Fairy" is a reference to when the firefighting was done by a bucket brigade, from the water trough to the burning building. Nowadays, is usually used as a somewhat derogatory term for firefighters.

You know how to UCA, which is to "update current address", so the Computer Assisted Dispatch machine will know when you are closer than any other unit for a job.

You know Dougie will fill out your ACR for you if you ask him, right?

I took him last night for the first time!! I was working 40W3, on the way back from Methodist, and we got flagged for him. He left H54 20 minutes prior......he wouldn't fill out my ACR for me though.

I took him last night for the first time!! I was working 40W3, on the way back from Methodist, and we got flagged for him. He left H54 20 minutes prior......he wouldn't fill out my ACR for me though.

Guess you didn't ask nice enough

Yeah depends on his mood. He just goes from 54 to 94 and back every day, he likes the food better at 54 but usually sleeps at 94. If we see him in the street we usually flag ourselves for him at 30 minutes to shift change so we don't get a late job.

You tell central you're close to a job so you can make it your last

You know which hosps in your area have free food

You've ever sat 89 in a park to avoid conditions

You've ever had to tell central to have PD meet your head trauma pt. in the ER because you went 82 before they ever got to the scene

You know what "put us out, OTP" means...

• 1 month later...
You might be in the NYC*EMS System if........

4. You can't stand most of the #3s.

That is all wrong...not all of them/us are/were screaming buttholes

"Two-One William for the assignment, Two-One Wil........"

"Four-Zero X-ray (or William) for the assignment, Four-Oh X (or Wil...)...."

Like I say, not in SI full-time anymore. And FDNY EMS said I was too big for them...their loss.

I remember when 21W came out of Lincoln (or at least should have) and there was only 40 ZEBRA!

As for knowing that you were in NYC * EMS:

You know who Mr. Mer*in (think Wizard) in the 47 Battalion is/was.

You were turning page 3 of your UAL, and thinking 'this is just not right!'

You did the 'Blood Dance' and ceremony on the hood of Veh 47. prior to stealthing a couple of good shootings for the evening.

There were NO hospitals offering Free Food.

Diversion? What is this Diversion?

You know what 97 and 98 were (Prior to 89)

You use a master key to put a unit that chronically holds its signal available so you will not get the late job.

You knew how to put another unit available using 98,37V1 command on the KDT until the powers that were figured out what you were up to.

You just came available from Astoria General and the dispatcher is trying to give you a DIFFBR in Hollis because you are the only unit available in the ENTIRE CITY...and it was the truth.

You knew what unit was Team Stealth.

The time before KDTs

The time before AEDs

Remember LP5s?

EMS Green?

Ties in the Winter

The list goes on!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.