Paramedic team commended after they resusitated pt 38 times

CBEMT

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is impressive. I have to agree with Anthony, that patient wouldn't have had a snowballs chance in hell of surviving in my area, which is a pity since I work in an urban area. I'd love to have another true save, however I'm just too busy transporting people that have had a cold, tongue pain, toe pain, arse pain, which in each case, has troubled them for a fortnight. I don't have time to be bothered with that silly cardiac patient. :roll:

Maybe someone across the pond can explain why the British are so fond of fourteens. Fortnight = 14 days, stone = 14 pounds... Hey, 14 is groovy, I'm just curious.

This is amazing and it goes right up there with last months JEMS article on a man who fell 47 stories from an outdoor scaffhold and survived, then made an almost miraculous recovery and serious rehab within nearly 5 months.

Anyways... I always thought Mary's father (in Bringing Out the Dead) was kind of a BS story... but that pretty much occured in the span of an ambulance transport for real. Guess Ill think, before I think from now on.

He was discharged "a fortnight later"?

People really talk like that? ("Nurse, please change admission status from 23 hour observation to full fortnight admission, stat.")

'zilla

Added a little for you.

Wow! Their monitor batteries must be better than mine. 38 times ? ..

R/r 911

Over here we use the lifepack 12 with a trickle charge system. [i.e] I'ts plugged in all the time. That way the batteries are used as back up. It was a good job done because that trip can be up to an hour. :shock: How many sets of pads did they need? :?

By the way, How can I add a pic to a post. I've tried several times but just the location text shows. :)

1) They do talk that way in Ireland, where the event described happened.

2) The man who fell 47 floors when the scaffolding broke survived, his brother, who also fell, was pronounced DOA at the scene.

3) My defibrillators are all self contained. Do any models have a "shore cord" to recharge, or perhaps during transport, use power from the vehicle to maintain and recharge while enroute?

Edit:

4) Oops! just reread Leprechaun's post, and see mentioned a model that does just that.

Allegedly, a private ambulance crew transferring a patient between hospitals in CT (not a long trip) defibbed 100 times along the way several years ago. It never made the media. The story came from a Medtronic rep, so take that for what it's worth.

I think if I fell 47 stories, and was still alive, I'd want you to just go ahead and kill me.. Because it's just not natural to fall what probably amounts to 500 feet, and survive.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.