EMS superstitions?

Thats ok, AK....

From what we've heard, an inch more and you'd be a King...but an inch less, you'd be a Queen...

I guess it could be worse, I mean, at least for the moment, you're 'breaking even'.......

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any time my family and I are sitting in the drive-thru line at Dairy Queen, the pager goes off...same with any time I have plans with my grandmother. Mentioning the name of most of our "special friends" (our chief HATES the term"frequent flyer") will cause them to call us within 24 hours. If our assistant fire chief goes out of town, his father-in-law is certain to suffer some sort of cardiac or diabetic emergency....we see him so often that I don't need to ask his birthday or allergies any more. Any time I teach a class for the community (CPR, first aide, etc) or am giving a tour to the Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts, we are certain to get a "good" call. If one of my husband's coworkers is the patient, I almost always miss the IV. If I have no plans for three or four days and hope to spend all of my time responding with the fire department, the pager will be silent.

Frequent flyers and repeat customers?

There was one patient known thruout the borough (every borough has to have at least one of them) for calling multiple times during a shift. One EMT took the book of 25 call reports, and set it up so all that was needed, was to add the times, vital signs, and the start/end mileages to the call sheet.

Frequent flyers and repeat customers?

There was one patient known thruout the borough (every borough has to have at least one of them) for calling multiple times during a shift. One EMT took the book of 25 call reports, and set it up so all that was needed, was to add the times, vital signs, and the start/end mileages to the call sheet.

I am sad to report our one frequent flyer had a heroin overdose last week, and has drug rehab at gateway for 6 months,....... so there goes that every week guarantee call.....damn....

after doing my clinical field work, I am no longer allowed to eat string cheese. Every time I opened a string cheese, we got a suck-o call.

How about when you mention a patient name, you know you will see them within days. I also have found that every time I have on a new piece of clothing I will get blood or vomit on it.

Whenever someone would say that we haven't run on "so-and-so" lately, we'd want to hang them by there thumbs with concrete blocks on their feet. It would never fail and would get a call on "so-and-so".

My biggest superstition in EMS is to never take my boots off at work... Everytime I do it seems that everything goes wild... lol Also NEVER wear colored socks.... lol Especially RED

Wearing red socks is a new one to me. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.