Going in as an EMT-P

A little backstory first, I joined the Army reserve as a medic 68W, then got injured in the DEP and was not able to ship. I decided to go the civilian route for awhile, and am now about to finish medic school. I have asked a few recruiters, but no one seems to have a straight answer. If I rejoin( Army or otherwise), with an NREMT-P is there any additional benefit?

• Like 1

Nope. You will work as an EMT-B which the certification obtained from the 68W course. Depending on your assignment, you may or may not operate with an advanced scope. The benefit will be the additional education that will allow you to assess and think at a more proficient level. That benefit is priceless........

• Like 1

You may be pushed ahead a few weeks when you start your AIT. When I went through AIT, nationally registered EMT's were pushed ahead of the Delta Modules. However, the MOS was 91B at the time. It has since changed a bit. Agree with Flight-LP that the additional education should help you better understand many of the concepts taught.

Take care,

chbare.

As an EMT-P, you will get to skip ahead in training a few weeks but not that much. What Flight-IP said is true and helps. Another benefit is that a current NREMT-P cert gives you 40 extra promotion points.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.