Thinking about becoming an EMT...got some questions

Did you even READ the thread? Just asking. He's exploring career options, and this is what he posted.

Hobo Stew wrote:

I really want to do wildlife rehabilitation but I can't find any colleges that offer courses in that. Thanks again for answering my questions.

Since he can't find specific wildlife rehab programs, I posted his options regarding that field as they occurred to me. How *I* would go about trying to pursue that goal...

Close reading is your friend! Avoids that early morning "sole" food aftertaste... (foot in mouth disease?)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close reading is your friend! Avoids that early morning "sole" food aftertaste... (foot in mouth disease?)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Seems like there's a lot of that goin around these days.

Why do you want to be an EMT in the first place? You said that you want to be an EMT, a nurse, or an electrician. I think before you get into EMS, you should find out what your general career goal in life is before you get into something you'll regret. If possible, do some ride-alongs with a 911 service in your area so you could get somewhat of a feel for the job. But overall, try to list your reasons for getting into EMS and see if those reasons could lead you to do other things...if that makes sense :cry: There are other things you could do that doesn't involve sitting in an office.

"ITK RULES SPENAC DROOLS"

:shock:

AMEN!

:cry: just kidding, I love Spen-A-Cator

Might get big controversy on this...but you could take a online EMT-B course if you want. It has it's benefits...you can do it anytime...and you can work it with your schedule and job.

However..then you won't be able to expierence a classroom expierence. Everyone differs. I would take a community college if I were you...it would be much better.

You can consider an EMT-B Bootcamp...personally, I don't like the idea of it...2 weeks crammed.

Good BLS is the foundation of Good ALS.

So...it's worth the time to become a good EMT-B, it will help you become a great EMT-P if you want.

I wish you the best of luck, there's almost always somebody in chat...people here are great, will help you out with anything you need.

God bless

Did you even READ the thread? Just asking. He's exploring career options, and this is what he posted.

Hobo Stew wrote:

Since he can't find specific wildlife rehab programs, I posted his options regarding that field as they occurred to me. How *I* would go about trying to pursue that goal...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Dwayne bends Wendy over his knee...."Do" Whack "Not" Whack "Be" Whack "Baited" Whack "By" Whack "Idiots" Whack "That" Whack "Can't" Whack "Form" Whack "Intelligent" Whack "Thoughts!!" Pat, pat pat....

I know this violates my feelings on spanking, but sometimes exceptions must be made...

Dwayne

Maybe I was trying to lure the idiot... "here, idiot... heeere, idiot..."

Silly fellow!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Maybe I was trying to lure the idiot... "here, idiot... heeere, idiot..."

Silly fellow!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Well, hell...it seems to have worked! I showed up almost immediately....Dang women.....

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.