Ever clip a sign?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

No signs. But during medic class I was playing EMT on a box, my medic was up front, and my wife (at the time my girlfriend) was in back (we were in class together) and driving back to the station from a call at 2100 hrs or so. The road was a dark and unlit rural road (paved, thankfully). When...we hit a cow. PD showed up and finished it (the cow) off with a shot to the head (you literally could see its abd distending in front of us). The ambo front was wrecked and the cow left a streak of green snot down the side of the nice white box...Next day, after I got back from lunch, when I walked through the door, everyone turned and "mooed" at me.

No signs. But during medic class I was playing EMT on a box, my medic was up front, and my wife (at the time my girlfriend) was in back (we were in class together) and driving back to the station from a call at 2100 hrs or so. The road was a dark and unlit rural road (paved, thankfully). When...we hit a cow. PD showed up and finished it (the cow) off with a shot to the head (you literally could see its abd distending in front of us). The ambo front was wrecked and the cow left a streak of green snot down the side of the nice white box...Next day, after I got back from lunch, when I walked through the door, everyone turned and "mooed" at me.

So, what did you get? Ribeyes, Roast, T-Bone, etc.?

So, what did you get? Ribeyes, Roast, T-Bone, etc.?

I wish...actually, after the chief came out, all was said and done and we got back to the station...I did call my friends (they had a big truck at the time) and asked if anyone wanted pre-tenderized beef. They never did anything about it though...:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

[/font:d58bbfb51d] I can't claim to have hit anything yet, :D but then again I wasn't able to drive prior to now. I could drive home from the Hospital or clinic, but not until recently was I able to start driving to the calls or with a pt in the back. Something to do with how the chief of services was a pain in the a**, Until I asked if he wanted our call's to go Mutual Aid because the crew was split between the scene and HQ; with me @ HQ and no other EMT calling in to respond as a driver.

Recently, I did have to drive down one of those long windy driveways that only a small sedan should drive down, so there was branches and low hanging vines rubbing, but that was on both sides, and un avoidable.

I've got a good one from one of my coworkers. She was working with a part-time medic who was also a full-time cop and a medic on the city's SWAT team. They got dispatched to a stabbing, got the pt loaded, and she started backing up get going. She backed into a patrol car which just so happened to be the one her partner uses!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.