Best footwear ?

Hey everyone,

So I am again searching for new steel-toed boots that are EH certified and have a side zipper. Anyone have a brand of boots that they like? Also I'm considering going from a 8inch boot to a 6inch or oxford type shoe. Does anyone have any experience with both kinds? Any advice? The company I work with doesn't have any requirements other than steel-toes and EH. I'm looking for a comfortable durable boot.

Personally, I dont wear steel toe boots unless the company I work for mandates it. Im not sure if they make any with side zip but I have a pair of First Med 6" boots by Rocky. I love them. They are the most comfortable boot Ive ever worn (including off duty footwear). I beat the hell out of them last year and still wear them from time to time now. They only cost me around $60 as Common Cents EMS Supply in Old Saybrook, CT. Check out their website www.savelives.com. The owner is a buddy of mine, its a great company.

I'm not sure what 'EH Certified' stands for, but I highly reccomend the Third Watch Boots line.

When I was in New Orleans after the hurricanes, I had to work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, and it was pretty much always on my feet. These boots are lightweight and were very comfortable.

They have a 6" steel toed boot for both men and women. They have the side zip that you're looking for in this model as well.

The boots I have were discontinued, but from the time I spent in them, they're comfortable, durable and don't feel like a couple of bricks strapped to your feet at the end of the day!

You no doubt will receive multiple answers to you query as everyone has their personal favorite footwear. Mine is Original Swat. Very comfortable. They offer the 6" boot with a zipper and is what I currently wear. It is available with or without steel toe. I personally don't like steel toe boots, but if you have to have them what can you do. I believe they have women sizes but don't quote me on that.

www.originalswat.com

Two boots that I like - Rocky's (I wear paratroopers, not ST though) though they can get a little heavy after being on your feet all day long, but very comfortable. Found alot of other medics that are fond of them too. Also really liked magnums. Have a pair that after 6 years of 5 day a week use, they've held up great (but very scuffed). Worst ones I ever had were Galls brand - the entire sole fell off one day after only owning them about six months with light use (the soles are just glued on). I was very irritated, fortunately employer bought them for me so I didn't have any money invested, but they were a waste of money across the board. Defnitely wouldn't recommend them. For the money, I'd say either Rocky or Magnums.

Treadsafe brand, Easy style/model 26 bucks at Walmart. I beat my young partner to the truck at night because she's still fumbling with laces. Fast to get off if I have to bunker up on scene. They are very comfortable, and they don't have velcro straps like one of the Dr. Scholl's styles I used to wear.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.