physician leaves temporary tattoo on patient

Just Plain Ruff

I cannot say if this is the case, but it seems even surgeries are being video taped, for "purposes of education". If this was the case, either with the hospital or the doctor, guess what is going to be subpoenaed, and, one way or the other, assist in the guilty/not guilty decision?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finally got around to reading this thread. Very interesting indeed!

As I was reading, one thought instantly jumped in my head and the only person who touched on it was Mateo.

Everyone keeps saying "below the panty line", what exactly does this mean?

For all we know, she could wear her very comfortable "bloated day" panties all the time and below the panty line for her is the xyphoid process.

This tattoo could be 4 inches superior to her navel and still be "below the panty line".

In all seriousness, if it were placed in very close proximity to a private area, I could see the validity of this complaint. But until we know more information, I see a woman trying to make bank. And yes, if it were my wife, I absolutely would see no harm, no foul in this incident.

Has anyone thought to consider that he chose a place she may see it? We do not know what type of surgery she had. I mean back surgery yes, but what restrictions?

Maybe he knew she would be unable to turn her head to look at her arms, I dont know, just considering all options.

She's a crook and I'm sticking to it! I'm telling you guys this guy wouldn't have done anything if his relationship with this CROOK was less than close. They probably joked around all the time. (Probably part of her con) And when she saw the tattoo her eyes lit up with green money symbols and she yelled "JACKPOT"! :D/

One more for her---> :thebirdman:

Sorry, I just don't get what privileges a doctor to play jokes on an unconscious patient. If this had been a nurse, medic, massage therapist, midwife, barber, or undertaker, I expect you guys'd be (rightly) all over the practitioner for "giving a black eye" to the profession. I don't see grounds for implied consent, there was nothing medically necessary about his decision to get cute, and if she's an opportunist, which I don't know, he's waved a red flag. Yes, it seems to me like an over-reaction, but we don't have all the facts; people coming out of surgery probably aren't in their best moods. I suppose we can at least agree that he misjudged the situation, which he doesn't seem to regret -- a bad sign, though again I don't know all the facts. Maybe she had a prior emotionally-troubled history, in which case the law says "Take your plaintiff as you find him." That means if you lightly jostle someone with frail bones -- as in the apocryphal "eggshell skull" -- who then falls and dies, you're on the hook. And, minor point, in a civil suit, unlike a criminal suit, it's not guilt or non-guilt being decided, but rather (something like) fault. Like so. Best advice to the doc in the dock: Keep your humor where everyone can see it.

Well based on some comments from now on all my patients will end up with an EMS was here temp tat. Perhaps under there shirt while checking EKG leads or breath sounds. If trauma their inner thigh. OB patients will get multiple since they are so much fun. That way they will at least have reason to smile despite the bad event they have just gone thru.

As another poster mentioned if any of you found I did that for real would call me the most unprofessional no acct piece of trash ever and demand I be removed from EMS forever.

ALSO, in honor of Dust......

"Just don't wear panties and there will BE no problem!" :twisted:

OK, so if it was my body, I think I'd be upset if I didn't have a good repour with that doctor. Also, being so close to the "whooo-whooo" zone, I'd be questioning exactly what/why things happened like this in the OR. Aren't there any witnesses who can attest on behalf of the surgeons' good reputation, or was he ALONE.....? :shock: