What the **** was I thinking?

Well...now I've gone and done it! I have finally taken COMPLETE leave of my senses and will start the 18 month paramedic school process the 2nd week of September. No... I don't know what moved me to such insanity either. Maybe I just decided that since I like to make snarky comments anyway, I may as well go ahead and become a paragod so that occassionally someone will agree with me.

Wish me luck, send me your crib sheets and light a candle for my soul, if thats the way you roll.

PS-

I haven't been around for a very long time because my quality made Dell Inspiron 1100 overheated to the point where the hard drive/case actually split open and died and I have to go to the public library and wait in line for my two hours a day of computer time. It's now being used as a bookend.

Congrats. I also start back in my 18 month L O N G medic program this fall. I took two classes last fall and quit b/c I started a new job. Now I have to pick up where I left off. I think the long programs are good. You should feel confident when you graduate!

Best wishes.

Peg

Congrats. I also start back in my 18 month L O N G medic program this fall. I took two classes last fall and quit b/c I started a new job. Now I have to pick up where I left off. I think the long programs are good. You should feel confident when you graduate!

Best wishes.

Peg

Peg-

thanks for the kind words and best wishes right back at ya. We will have to stay in touch for periodic sanity checks. Like you, I also like the long programs. I think the boot camp styles should not be accredited in anyway as I have worked with some of the medics they produce and most of them can barely start a hydration line. Unlike some other aspects of life, faster does not mean better. :D

Good luck with medic school - you will love it - definitely a high point in my life.

Regarding your Dell.. I called up customer service telling them my dell was overheating and that I wanted it fixed. It took 4 days, but eventually they sent me a brand new one free. Google dell and overheating. Dont tell them that your system is busted - tell them you work with it - it overheats and freezes - and you just want it fixed. Those things are a danger and Dell wants them out of your hands.. I have a brand new laptop to replace the one that was 7 years old - and all I really wanted was for them to fix mine :lol:

Good luck with medic school - you will love it - definitely a high point in my life.

Regarding your Dell.. I called up customer service telling them my dell was overheating and that I wanted it fixed. It took 4 days, but eventually they sent me a brand new one free. Google dell and overheating. Dont tell them that your system is busted - tell them you work with it - it overheats and freezes - and you just want it fixed. Those things are a danger and Dell wants them out of your hands.. I have a brand new laptop to replace the one that was 7 years old - and all I really wanted was for them to fix mine :lol:

Yup Dell I believe even has a class action suit about that very issue against them. Call maybe you will get a new comp.

Hey Basic join the club. I am hopefully going to finish mine by the end of the year if I don't quit first. :shock: :wink:

More power to y'all. Have fun, but not too much fun. :D

Well...now I've gone and done it! I have finally taken COMPLETE leave of my senses and will start the 18 month paramedic school process the 2nd week of September. No... I don't know what moved me to such insanity either. Maybe I just decided that since I like to make snarky comments anyway, I may as well go ahead and become a paragod so that occassionally someone will agree with me.

Wish me luck, send me your crib sheets and light a candle for my soul, if thats the way you roll.

PS-

I haven't been around for a very long time because my quality made Dell Inspiron 1100 overheated to the point where the hard drive/case actually split open and died and I have to go to the public library and wait in line for my two hours a day of computer time. It's now being used as a bookend.

Hell, this is a no brainer for me. You're one of the smarter people on the board...you'll make an awsome medic...

Good luck to both of you....

Dwayne