Anyone take the NREMT-P recently?

Hmmm, as far as I know, a paramedic candidate for the NR would have to go to a testing site to do the skills portion. Your instructor may be a evaluator, but I think they (NR) prefer to have you test outside the classroom. I had some friends take a paramedic refresher for NR in NC and had to go test in VA somewhere.

I might be completely off base here though.

Our State Practial exam covers NR. In fact, our State practical final is the NR (with maybe a couple of extra State-specific skills tagged on). It is all being done in house, but of course, all under the watchful eye of an NR examiner / coordinator.

I think it is the first time it is being done this way in my part of the world, but you won't hear any complaints from me. 8)

I just took the NREMT-P yesterday -- here is what I would study:

PSVT (Treatments)

External Pacing (Indications)

Sinus Pause (Treatment)

Baro-Receptors (where are they, what do they do?)

Parasympathetic and Sympathetic nervous system -- how do they work

Verapamil Dosage

Valsalva is Vagal Maneuver (duh)

APGAR Calcs

GCS Cals

OB & Peds --- proper mgmt of a delivery

1st, 2nd and 3rd stages of labor

Burn Management

Trauma Management

Good luck

oh yeah, and three people i know, including me got this question:

25 y/o/f is blind -- she has some kind of problem (non life threatening), she has a guide dog with her

What do you do with the dog?

Call Animal Control

Call Police

In the back of the ambulance with pt.

In the front of the ambulance with driver in pass. seat

I took the test last September so I want to echo a few things said above. #1 Don't overthink it. Study your material but don't cram. #2 it is adaptive so as you "pass" skills according to the computer you will get more of your weak catagories. #3 relax you got this. I firmly believe I passed my first time with 72 questions for the simple fact of I got a flat as I was pulling in to the site and didnt have a spare. It distracted me enough to keep me from being nervous.

Took my test on the 10th and went to 74 questions. Less than 16 hours later, found out I passed first attempt. Just passed my practical first attempt two weeks ago.

I personally never opened my medic book (Mosby) and just payed attention in class and in field, plus protocol books for region were helpful. Other than that, I used JB Test Prep @ www.jblearning.com. This was by far a valuable resource. Highly recommend it.

So whatever works for you is the only real, true answer. Everyone is different.

dxu, NREMT-P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.