3 UMDNJ paramedics fired in KKK hazing incident

NYC-EMS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tis is really the stupitest thing that i have heard a medic to do...... in nyc their are medics that do stupit things.... like at my job some medic stole some narcs. Why cant't the medics just grow up in ny/ nj. And why cant we all grow up with the "hazing" come on do anyone like it when it was done to you...

I'm a NYC 911 Medic and I've never witnessed hazing or any of the other other "stupit" (sic) behavior you describe.

This is why i have no desire to work at the U. I know lots of medics who got hired and walked out on day 1 of orientation. Maybe they felt this place was no good. You should here some of the stories i hear about the U, these guys are elitist's and believe they are above the law because they work for the state. Its a scary thing. I also here that if your new they will do some type of hazing too. No money in the world is worth the abuse these guys put there people through.

This is why i have no desire to work at the U. I know lots of medics who got hired and walked out on day 1 of orientation. Maybe they felt this place was no good. You should here some of the stories i hear about the U, these guys are elitist's and believe they are above the law because they work for the state. Its a scary thing. I also here that if your new they will do some type of hazing too. No money in the world is worth the abuse these guys put there people through.

i worked at umd for almost two years and i can tell you that i never had a problem with anyone that worked there. I loved working there and it was mostly because of the people i worked with... i met a lot of people that taught me a lot and we still remain friends. I'm not saying that they are perfect but everywhere you go you will always encounter a couple of people who don't make wise decisions.... it's all about one's personality/character and i can tell you that 95% of the people who work there are professional. this whole incident has tainted umd's rep and it's unfortunate because not only is their safety in jeopardy but now they all have to work twice as hard to prove that not everyone at umd has that way of thinking.. and about the whole hazing thing, i never got hazed ..

How about we simply but the blame for everything where it belongs... with the individual. Whether it's the individual that thought it would be funny to put a sheet over a student... or the individual that comes to work with a crap attitude that makes everybody want to avoid him... or the person whose attitude brings down the wrath of everyone on them... It's not project... it's not shifts... it's the individual and the choices they make in the course of a day. Poor chioces are simply that, poor choices. It doesn't necessarily make someone a bad person, it just means they made a bad decision.

Yes, one person's (or a few people's) decisions can ruin a LOT of days for a lot of people... evidence... this case. So all we have to do as people is think about what we do, are going to do, and learn from mistakes (our mistakes and the mistakes of others). Degrees, unions, certifications, licensure (as opposed to certification) will not elevate our profession NEARLY as far as common sense, common courtesy, and professionalism will...

Poor chioces are simply that, poor choices. It doesn't necessarily make someone a bad person, it just means they made a bad decision

Well put.

Albert Ellis (one of my favorite emergency-mental-medicine-technicians)]Inflating is crooked thinking. Inflating is done by persons who say (with wind!); “Everyone in that company is a crook! — “Every word you say is a lie!” — “You are the laziest person in the whole world!” — The irrationality of these sentences lies in taking a piece of truth that is the size of fingernail and hitting the offending person with an inflated quantity of disproportionate anger. Such a mind is distorted and doing terribly crooked thinking. In this Globalizing-judging tendency the mind erroneously inflates the size of the intended hostile response, multiplies the anger beyond rational believability, and dumps a put-down that is grossly exaggerated by anyone's rational calculation. The words “always” and “never” fit into this person's vocabulary. Unfortunately, such a person does not always realize what they are doing."

Maybe you shouldn't believe everything you hear about the U.

I must be an "elitist" since I work there. :roll:

I suggest you present some facts and proof before you start badmouthing all of us that work there.

For your information, the other 247 of us that work there are pretty pissed off and angry that this happened. I was never hazed when I started there; I've been there almost three years.

I suggest you watch what you say and present facts and proof.

You sound like someone whose application got rejected. If so get over it; it took me 3 years to get in.

Lucky Just Damn Pure Lucky, As someone who is at the U everyday this scares me! Not only are they lucky they were not they were not physicaly harmed while in public but the public may percieve that all the U employees have similar latent views. Does anyone here think that the U security or Newark PD could quell a large (party)at the ER entrance? The answer is YES of course with respect to a appropriate amount of time. JOKE my ass tell that to the next U employee that is asaulted, heckled, harassed, etc. That it was just a joke, harmless hazing.

Lucky Just Damn Pure Lucky, As someone who is at the U everyday this scares me! Not only are they lucky they were not they were not physicaly harmed while in public but the public may percieve that all the U employees have similar latent views. Does anyone here think that the U security or Newark PD could quell a large (party)at the ER entrance? The answer is YES of course with respect to a appropriate amount of time. JOKE my ass tell that to the next U employee that is asaulted, heckled, harassed, etc. That it was just a joke, harmless hazing.

Did I read that right? That someone dressed up in KKK outfits is what you consider harmless hazing?? Please clarify that statement.

If you think it's harmless hazing and I hope you do not, but if you do, then you are a freaking MORON!!!!!! and your credibility on this board is totally fubared.

But if you don't think it was a harmless hazing prank, then I aplogize for calling you a Freaking MORON!!!!!!!!!

Did I read that right? That someone dressed up in KKK outfits is what you consider harmless hazing?? Please clarify that statement.

If you think it's harmless hazing and I hope you do not, but if you do, then you are a freaking MORON!!!!!! and your credibility on this board is totally fubared.

But if you don't think it was a harmless hazing prank, then I aplogize for calling you a Freaking MORON!!!!!!!!!

I believe he meant that the people who put on the "joke" should attempt to explain that they were just joking when the first employee gets attacked over their little "joke"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.