3 UMDNJ paramedics fired in KKK hazing incident

NYC-EMS

I'm sorry this puts you in a bad spot Herbie. I'll be thinking about ya.

There is absolutely no excuse or room for this type of behavior in today's society. I was appalled by the content of the article and some of the posted comments. I have never been hazed, well once when I played junior hockey but that's a different story, and I fail to see what it has to do with advancing one's education. These people didn't even work for the service. They were students.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats all bad.

As a ghetto based EMS provider, ill agree. Watch your back. Get in touch with your training guy in regards to some potential defensive tactics for EMS training.

Good idea on the vest. Where'd you go, MP uniform?

Nope, Patriot Workwear in Wind Gap. Mark, who used to work at M&P, opened it up about 2 years ago.

Nope, Patriot Workwear in Wind Gap. Mark, who used to work at M&P, opened it up about 2 years ago.

The really unfortunate thing about this incident, not that mediccjh fearing for his safety isn't bad enough, but also, the news report I saw stated that Northeastern University (which the students were from) would no longer be sending their students there. Up until this incident, Northeastern University had a great relationship with both UMDNJ, where the incident took place, and the FDNY, where I have personally precepted many of these students, who are almost without exception really top notch. So now future generations of Northeastern students will no longer the experience of working with the UMDNJ crews, and get some of the best EMS training in the country, along with three paramedics at UMDNJ losing their jobs, and the remaining ones like mediccjh now having to fear about harm coming to them.

Stay safe, mediccjh, and if it gets too bad, take some sick time.

:lol: As a former employee of the "U" i'm saddened, upset, and shocked all at the same time, not only because of the incident itself but also because i never EVER would of thought any of these guys would of been involved in something like this. This whole incident creates more of a safety issue.. i mean as if it isn't crazy enough working in Newark already.. believe me I know what's it's like.... it's just so sad

If any of you guys are from the "U".. please be careful working out there...

***Ivonne***

I worked as an ER scribe for a few shifts at a hospital that UMDNJ BLS/ALS usually takes patients to and I have found their EMS crews to be top notch being very knowledgeable and professional. Its disheartening to find out that these 3 have ruined the reputation of such a fine group.

EMS has no place for actions like these. Patient look towards EMS with trust that no police force can ever obtain. Now the EMS personnel in Newark will have to fear for their safety in an even more hostile environment.

Keep safe out there guys.

:lol: As a former employee of the "U" i'm saddened' date= upset, and shocked all at the same time, not only because of the incident itself but also because i never EVER would of thought any of these guys would of been involved in something like this. This whole incident creates more of a safety issue.. i mean as if it isn't crazy enough working in Newark already.. believe me I know what's it's like.... it's just so sad

If any of you guys are from the "U".. please be careful working out there...

***Ivonne***

I believe we were in the same orientation class together........

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.