3 UMDNJ paramedics fired in KKK hazing incident

NYC-EMS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is ridiculous, you know the one thing ive always found to be odd about hazing, is that when people do things that are "overboard" to the new people they think that at day 366 when that person is off probation everything is going to be forgotten and they will be buddies. There are several things that have happened in fire and ems services that were called hazing, that led to the "rookies" hating the people who did it to them.

How does that build a team spirit?.

Maybe my view is wrong, but its just a view.

The infantile mentality displayed by those paramedics, not to mention poor judgment, and as later indicated in the article, bullying of students, demonstrates that they have NO place in health care. The part that concerns me more is the culture of an organization that fosters that kind of behavior. The entire service needs to be looked at.

What amazes me the most so far is how bothered people seem to be over the hazing, and how nobody has even commented on the racism yet. How is it that such a field like EMS seems to tolerate that thought process within it's walls in this day and age, but "don't you dare question my professionalism". How is there room for racism against a human being in medicine period? "We care about our Pts", but then have no problem tossing around racial jokes, slurs, or pranks like this. BS!

nobody has even commented on the racism yet.

I would have thought that it was self evident - didn't think it needed comment - it is deplorable. I think if you would read my post, it mentions the hazing last - Maybe a little chip there on that shoulder ?

As someone who works at the U as a Paramedic, I am very embarrased to be working there.

I am very angry, because it makes those of us who enjoy working there and love the job look really bad.

The people of the City are not going to forget this one. I now fear for my safety at work.

I'm going to buy a vest in the morning.

NOTE: Please don't ask me for details. I would like to keep my job.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.