"Routine Transfer"

Well, might as well give the rest of the story...

About this point, you, being a n00b, finally exercise a bit of lateral thinking (half an our too late) and take the pts b/p on both arms and find it to be 110/90 non the right and 90/70 on the left. A bit more lateral thinking and you finally remember that cannula's are not for arms only and quite easily slot an 18g in her right ankle and give her 2 doses of 2.5mg of morph and she settles down quite well.

This is, as some of you have mentioned, a AAA. The theory is that the abdo pain for 2 weeks is from the AAA, with the paracetmol being used for her "tummy ache" and also causing the jaundice such as itku2er suggested. Interesting note that after arrival at A&E, she passed a bowel movement, her abdoman went soft again revealing a nice pulsing mass. And just to cap it off she had ST elevation in V3 and V4 and troponins of .16 :?

Im glad some of you guys have suggested that there is not much you can do with this in the field, i have beating myself up a bit over this - especially with the pain control, anything else you guys would have done assessment wise??

Good senerio BUSHY I honestly wasnt thinking AAA. Can't wait till your next one!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about AAA but thought, naw, couldn't be. But good for you. Good thinking of the IV site. Her legs must have been better than I thought at her age.