Justin English FF/EMT killed in Iraq

Useless you say?

Everyone else here who reads this please do not take offense. Just smile and take pride that we are the soldiers who defend this members right to say whatever they like even if we do not agree. That is why this country is great and that is why I defended it and that is why my fellow soldiers defend it now.

So say whatever you like, say it's a useless cause, a useless war or a useless concept. I for one, will forever take pride that you currently use the blanket of freedom that I and my brothers provide for you. Sleep well and God bless America!

He wasn't a soldier. He was a firefighter. God bless him and his family.

I am hoping that he meant senseless. Because as an Army wife I take offense to that too.

I am joining the Ranks of those that are completely FLOORED by your Statement! USELESS!! Whether he was a soilder or FF it doesn't matter. He put himself and his life on the line for the betterment of others. THAT could Never be useless!

Hey there, I had posted a comment regarding useless death in the line of duty deaths. I wanted to clarify something. First I meant senseless, not useless - I had been up way too long when posting that comment and misworded my comment, I am and will be eternally grateful for the soldiers out there fighting and others serving in Iraq. They have sacrificed seeing the births of their kids, their wifes, and their families to protect my freedom and for that I'm thankful. I have many friends and family that are currently in Iraq and various other areas surrounding there and would never insult what they are trying to do. I support our soldiers wholeheartedly, however I do believe one can support the soldiers without the war. And do I agree with the war? Absolutely not. Yes, I agreed initially when we were fighting it for the right reasons and the right people, but now it has progressed past that point and we are using the blanket of terrorism to go into areas we really have no business being. We aren't the world's babysitter.

If I insulted you, my most sincere apologies. God bless you and all the others out there. I pray for your safety daily. Be safe and I hope this clarifies the error.

Not to taint this man's thread, regardless of which word you meant, you had every right to use it without the propoganda wagon coming down on you.

I am sick of people getting nasty and accusing one of being non patriotical because you question the government. It is our right to question the establishment as it is the only way to keep things in check.

Suddenly it becomes god bless you, bless them, religous fatwas, holy wars...only ours is more right because we say so. I will stand by the original wording, it was a useless and senseless death, there are many of them almost daily.

Where are our priorities and what is the war truly about when one can not question it without be condemned by the religous right screaming homeland security and hiding under the words of this being a "war on terrorism"?

And again, since I know Justin's family and friends have read this thread including a similar one posted on other websites, my intent is not to smear his name or what happened to him but to raise awareness in yet another form.

I worked with Justin for a little while and whenever he came into our ER he had a smile that would light up the place. It is a loss close to our hearts since he was one of ours. He was so excited to go to Iraq and couldn't wait to get there. RIP Justin you will be sorely missed!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.