"train-the-trainer?"

So I'm having problems locating a "train-the-trainer" type course. Basically I've been tasked with teaching my agency a 1-2 day "tactical first responder" course. I have a lot of ideas in my head but I would prefer to have somebody authorize me to use their instructional materials. I didn't want to make a powerpoint that is pieced together from other people's potentially copyrighted material. A lot of tactical medic companies aren't in the business of producing instructors but I have no intentions of teaching to anybody outside of my agency. I have been to CONTOMS, OEMS, CMAST, TCCC and Wilderness but like I said it would make my life easier to have a concise program already prepared with material. Basically immediate action treatment for the non-medical provider. Plus my co-workers always like a nifty little certificate that they can stick in their folder..please let me know if anybody has any ideas...thanks

Have you considered talking to a local National Guard unit. Some of their medics could help. Especially if they have a recent deployment under their belt. They could give you information from the Army Combat Life Saver which is taught to most deploying Soldiers. Also, have you checked with any local SWAT, ERT, SRT, to see if they have a program.

Just a few thoughts.

Sarge

Yeah I have reached out to some people. I may just have to buckle down and stop being lazy :lol: I need to spend some time with the 'ole powerpoint. I have taken practically every "tacti-kool" course out there. Some great, some not so great. This is more geared for operator/buddy aide. TQ, QuikClot, Sucking Chestwound, Airway control...

Yeah, what Sarge wrote.

Combat Lifesavers (CLS) is all of what you mentioned and a bit more thrown in for good measure. There is a bit of IV therapy in there also. It only covers the medical / buddy aid aspect of combat care.

Hope it helps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.