EMT-B Reciprocity

Hello,

I'm a paramedic from Australia and looking to obtain my EMT-B certification for FL. I've obtained my Florida FF II by reciprocity, however the Florida DOH won't recognize "out of country" certification for reciprocity.

I'm looking at taking an accelerated EMT-B course (? 2 week course Indiana or similar) and applying for my FL EMT-B reciprocity. I then plan to take the EMT-P course once in FL and hopefully obtain my full paramedic certification and work for a FD or any job that I can get.

I understand the accelerated courses are very rushed however with my paramedic background and courses I've taken already in the US (ACLS, PALS and PHTLS), I'm hoping that obtaining my EMT-B is just a formality to start the EMT-P course.

The flip side to my plan is to obtain my EMT-B in NY and take the paramedic course there to live and work.

I've got the Visa covered already.

Does anyone know of a good accelerated EMT-B course?

Does NY accept EMT-B or P reciprocity from any State?

Thanks for your help and would appreciate any comments, advice or feedback.

Regards

Tim

In Texas you can get a quick less than 12 week paramedic course at TEEX. Only bring it up as you are experienced already. For someone that is not already a paramedic I would never recommend the short course. For RN's Texas allows them to take EMT-b and then challenge paramedic. Perhaps they would do the same for an out of country paramedic.

Bang out one of those EMT-W that includes NR-Basic cert with a resume friendly Wilderness attachment (resume friendly debatable). They take a couple of weeks and you camp around the woods while getting the cert. With your experience I wouldn't sweat a basic course at all...

[web:7492d10974]http://www.nols.edu/wmi/courses/wemt.shtml[/web:7492d10974]

You can google more classes. I would avoid NY personally because they don't recognize National Registry and it makes transfering that much more difficult