Paramedic Books are Expensive.

Oh darn...

We're using Emergency Care in the Streets from AAOS.

Thank you for the thought though!

I just looked at my books for this fall. I think I'll just pay for it without looking at the total LOL! $120 for the Paramedic text, and $243 for Anatomy & Physiology. This semester I have it easy, but after this, I am not sure how much I'm in for.

BUT compared to the cost of NOT seeking an education, the books are priceless.

I only did a semester of paramedics; cost was about $300 for a few books and $6000 for one year but I was spending about $150 on fuel each week. I’m now a full time student nurse employed in a hospital. They pay for every aspect of my course and associated materials. So far I haven’t paid a cent for anything; they even pay for fuel and food while working! The course itself costs around $10,000 and the first lot of books cost around $1000. The only thing is its quiet full on, we work full time in the hospital rotating around different departments but also spend time in class as well as study. It’s an excellent program to get an offer from and I love it!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting ready for my program to start later this month, and have so far acquired 10 textbooks and 4 workbooks...

There are still 5 more on the 'recommended texts' list. :?

I recommend shopping amazon.com and looking at the alternate sellers lists. It saved me a ton of cash!