New EMT-City Contest

It is actually quite relevant to EMS. Do you know the specifics of your state government? We all push for improved policy and chang in EMS. Many of the changes we desire would come in the form of national and state policy changes. This requires us to negotiate and understand the governmental process. We all want to change things; however, how many of us really understand how changes are introduced and implemented at the local, state, and national level?

I had to take a government course as a requirement of graduation from nursing school. In fact, the college required a government class for anybody wanting to graduate with a degree. Initially, I thought it was worthless. Then I found out how very little I actually knew about the state government in particular. All of you Wyoming natives, does committee of the whole mean anything? How can we expect to institute any changes if we do not understand the process that must be utilized to make the changes?

The importance of knowing how government functions was solidified near the end of nursing school when we were required to travel to our state capital and attend the legislative sessions specific to board of nurses and health care policy, bills, and laws.

Take care,

chbare.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The winners of the contest and I'm sorry it took so long to get a response out are:

1. CHBARE - he should have received his package by now.

2. Spenac - for shortest but most thorough but not to produce the best provider course - he has received his email with the link to the files I have sent him.

3. Sir Andrew - well thought out and as soon as I have your email I'll send your info out.

4. Mateo - another good post - your email too sir.

thanks for all the entries and the learning experience.

Look for a new contest in the next week or so.

The winners of the contest and I'm sorry it took so long to get a response out are:

1. CHBARE - he should have received his package by now.

2. Spenac - for shortest but most thorough but not to produce the best provider course - he has received his email with the link to the files I have sent him.

3. Sir Andrew - well thought out and as soon as I have your email I'll send your info out.

4. Mateo - another good post - your email too sir.

thanks for all the entries and the learning experience.

Look for a new contest in the next week or so.

What the heck were you thinking sending me something educational? Did you not get the idea based on my school I might not want educational stuff? :twisted:

Just kidding. Actually very helpful get rich quick scheme you hooked me up with. Any of you others want in contact me for the best price toward getting rich. :twisted:

Just Kidding again.

For real thank you very much for the EKG study materials you sent me. It has proved helpful. Thanks again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.