New EMT-City Contest

Thank you everybody. I really enjoyed this contest. I really like looking at other peoples ideas. It is neat that we all seem to have specific areas of focus, and this is apperant in the various curricula posted. For example, I focused on explaining specific aspects of the molecular biology course while somebody went out of the way to focus on a class for crime scene operations.

Take care,

chbare.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we need to do now is take the best classes from each of us and build the Greatest Paramedic Course of all time.

then we need to find a college or hospital/college that will take it and teach it on a test run and see how it makes for a real life paramedic degree (I say degree since if we take the best of all of out post will will have enough class for at least a AS if not a BS)

Hey wheres my money? :evil:

Just kidding. Who won the 1st and 2nd loser spots? :D And what did everyone win?

Just thought I'd ask and also so that would make these great ideas move back up into the discussions.

Well since I asked the question I thought I should be the first to answer it

I went thru and found one class from each poster that I would want in my paramedic corse if I was training

now I did not pick one from my own since that would be silly since I think all the ones I have should be in it :D

Fundamentals of US and State Government 100:

This course will provide the student with a fundamental level of knowledge of US and state government. Government history, branches of government and the basic process of each branch are primary topics of study.

(Chbare)

Professionalism 101

Preparation for the work force to include ethics, interpersonal relationships, professional attire, and professional appearance.

(Spenac)

EMS116 Behavioral Emergencies 1

(Lone Star)

Crisis Intervention

(Triemal04)

Rescue Scene Management- 2hrs

This class will be to teach students to deal with different types of scenes and their safety on the scenes. They include Multi Casualty Scenes, Fire Scenes, and Rescue Scenes. This class is not to teach the student to be a rescue technician or a firefighter, but rather to expose student to what will happens at the scenes, and how their involvement impacts the scene.

(Mateo_1387)

For immediate release. Spenac Paramedic Academy is proud to announce that the Fast Track Paramedic just got faster. How is that possible you ask? Well through a special arrangement classes will be held at your clinical/field sites that are extremely slow. So all hours sitting waiting for patients will be used to train you your paramedic skills. By doing this your class hours and clinical hours will be handled at one time. So just how short is it? Not 60 days, not 45 days, in just 30 short days you too can be the paramedic your service wants you to be. And now the best part is this new improved Fast Track Paramedic class is still the same low price. Hurry reserve your spot in the next class as demand is high thanks to all those do the minimum services in your area.

Guess what. We just did it again. Now 15 days to paramedic. Same low price. We thought about 14 days but we just could not see shorting you on some key point. Quick yet quality so you will be qualified to handle any job that requires the minimum of you.

Spenac what class would you want to take the most if you have to pick 1 from any of our post (not counting yours)

any one else is also free to answer

From chbare:

Fundamentals of Molecular Biology and Microbiology and Lab 110:

This course will provide the student with a foundation of knowledge regarding the understanding of prokaryotic cell physiology and related pathology. Cell physiology, basic molecular biology and cell pathways are primary topics of study. Students should expect to write a paper on an assigned topic of microbiology prior to completing this course and should expect to handle scientific equipment and hazardous materials during the lab experience. In addition, students should expect to perform advanced procedures during the lab experience such as; electrophoresis, identification of an unknown organism, and various culture and stain exercises.

From Andrew:

MAT 109 Mathematics for Advanced Airway 4 Quarter Hours

This course covers topics in intermediate algebra and emphasizes problems and applications in Advanced Airway. It includes such topics as: algebraic representation, factoring, approximate numbers, significant digits and scientific notation, first and second degree equations with applications, ratio and proportions, square roots, radicals and exponents, logarithms, graphing linear equations, vectors and the metric system.

Prerequisite(s): MAT 104

There were several good ideas that I think we could combine to make the ultimate Paramedic University.

I went thru and found one class from each poster that I would want in my paramedic corse if I was training

now I did not pick one from my own since that would be silly since I think all the ones I have should be in it :P

This course will provide the student with a fundamental level of knowledge of US and state government. Government history, branches of government and the basic process of each branch are primary topics of study.

(Chbare)

Call me 'dense', but what does this particular course have to do with EMS, and how will it increase the patients survivability chances? I thought this was to eliminate all the 'bullshit courses'.....

I can see english classes, science, math.... but throwing in a 'government class' that should have been a requirement to graduate high school seems more than a little redundant.

now I did not pick one from my own since that would be silly since I think all the ones I have should be in it :P

(Chbare)

Call me 'dense', but what does this particular course have to do with EMS, and how will it increase the patients survivability chances? I thought this was to eliminate all the 'bullshit courses'.....

I can see english classes, science, math.... but throwing in a 'government class' that should have been a requirement to graduate high school seems more than a little redundant.

One thing you have to remember is that your ideas of what a 'bullshit courses' is not the same as the next person.

How many years was it from the time you finshed HS to the time you trained as a Paramedic?

We do tend to forget things. Would a teen be more likely to remember a 'government class' or all the fun parties they went to?

Whats the harm in some classes to brush up on what you learned years ago?

Lone and Andrew I see both of your points. I to think our classes in the new paramedic university should include things that actually deal with medicine. If you notice the courses I made up for my true university I tried to make all classes directly relate back to medicine. So how about having government class discuss how the various branches relate to or influence healthcare.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.