I'm an idiot.

Dude, how ould you know what dispatch would say?? Set your age to 14 where it should be, and im curious as to how you are going to judge people answer as an EMT P if your not even a basic?

i know what dispatch would say because I hear them dispatch almost every day...and I have a copy of the protocols for dispatching.

i wasn't gonna judge people's answers...just wanted to see how they would treat.

Obviously...I can't say whos right or wrong. I'm don't know much..and I hate thinking. It hurts when I think...badly.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn I thought this was going to be a bash ECHOBURGER topic. :twisted: :twisted:

Thats why I looked at this thread

Dude, how ould you know what dispatch would say?? Set your age to 14 where it should be, and im curious as to how you are going to judge people answer as an EMT P if your not even a basic?

Other than that, cinnamon!!! WTF!! :laughing6:

...for some odd reason, Echo knows more about EMS than the average teenager. Just knowing what EMS stands for is a plus. However, the ability to carry on a conversation, patient care related (yes that does happen on occasion in chat) and have him chime in; w/ out having any training whatsoever, deserves an attaboy.

Now if we could just get him to stop dictating city wide dispatches, he'd be like a clone of a youthful Dustdevil.

Now if we could just get him to stop dictating city wide dispatches, he'd be like a clone of a youthful Dustdevil

:D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm going to guess that we're not dealing with anaphylaxis or aspiration here, but laryngospasm triggered by the cinnamon.

I don’t know, but I’m going to guess that this is one time that water might be useful before other treatments…Prep a neb while she gargles with clear water, allowing her to swallow if she’s able. Once the irritant is irrigated away, then perhaps you can relax the airway with some alubuterol.

Just guessing, but if I was there now, I’m thinking that’s what I’d try…

And what the hell is up with sniping him for posting beyond his training? I don’t know if he’s an ass elsewhere, but this was a great question and scenario. I can’t remember if I’ve ever posted a scenario that I knew all the answers too….

If you need to bitch at him at least find a valid reason, because here you look cheap and dumb doing it in this instance.

Just sayin’….

Dwayne

Dwayne, bein out in the sticks in Afghanistan has made you wise and spunky.

I also don't know why we are dishing on Echo. I've seen him in chat, I've seen his posts here and sorry to say, at 14 years young, he's smarter than some of the posters that have come along out of here.

Dwayne, bein out in the sticks in Afghanistan has made you wise and spunky.

I also don't know why we are dishing on Echo. I've seen him in chat, I've seen his posts here and sorry to say, at 14 years young, he's smarter than some of the posters that have come along out of here.

Point taken, i'd have to say with the amount of misrepresentation that goes on around here on ones own credentials, my BS radar is probably set far to high these days.

Oh shit, im getting cynical, im far to young for that :shock:

I'd start off with albuterol neb see where that gets us. If no improvement with that, if still have wheezing, we could try a little sub q epi and benadryl see how that does. If airway continues to close off or significant swelling is present, intubation is a possibility, but I'd prefer to stay away from that if possible. I believe this patient could be managed with simpler measures. Let's hear some more on this.

IDIOT!!?? I think not. Keep up the good work.

I agree with the aspiration and possible anaphylaxis treatments. Did I miss something at first, but how long was it that she had the cinnamon prior to breathing problems or was it immediate? With the anaphylaxis there is the possibility of epiglottitis. If so, her breathing could deteriorate quickly. Watch carefully enroute. Not necessarily her chest. :wink:

I think I would go the route of Saline Neb and Gargling water first, then move to possible Albuterol if there is no relief.

One thing that I think is important to remember is that she is still in this level of distress after at LEAST 20 min. probably closer to 30min. (with the time it would take her to call and dispatch to come down the line.)

So basic measures might not work at this point and more aggressive treatment might be warranted.