Please be careful. Chicago Firefighter shot on duty!

Thanks for the reminder, Gaelic! My thoughts and prayers are with this firefighter and his family.

It's easy to get complacent when, thankfully, these incidences are rare.

This past weekend, my partner and I were sitting in our rig whining about how long it took for PD to arrive on scene. (It was a suicidal ideation 911 call and we must stage out until PD clears the scene on any call that may involve violence). We made our self-righteous points about how someone could have been bleeding to death inside but, as we are all taught, we are no good to our patients unless we, ourselves, are safe and healthy.

Luckily, PD arrived and cleared the scene, finding nothing apparently threatening, but it's important to remember why we take that time and go through the proper process. Which leads me to my mantra here in South/South Central Los Angeles: thank a police officer--they are compensated much less than they risk!

I am so glad that Chicago will be changing their policy and sending the investigators out in teams. I am very familiar with South Chicago and am surprised that this is a new policy. Stay safe out there!

Which leads me to my mantra here in South/South Central Los Angeles: thank a police officer--they are compensated much less than they risk!

You work South Central LA and you wish you could go in before LE gets there?? Are you nuts?? I grew up in LA, and know the turf. You must have a bigger set of 'nads than I do to even work that area.

Take care!!

Paul

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.