First Diabedic Emergency

NKEHFAS

Has anyone else had this problem related to a first call situation?  

12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Well we get dispatched to a business in our district for seizures. Upon arrival we discovered a diabetic bracelet. We load the pt onto the cot and into the Rig where medics were setting up after being updated on the type of emergency. Medics begin to start an iv line and administer sodium phosperate (spelling) and glucose in the iv line. The pt starts to react and open her eyes and medics start to gather information. I do not know what caused me to become light-headed, weak, and look like casper the ghost and sweat and make a lake in the rig, but it happned. One of my crew members asked me the time and i was unable to answer him so he brought me outside for a little air. My main question is that if this is normal. My vision also got a little blurry and then i saw white for a few seconds. I think what caused it was the transformation from the pt's unconscious state to a+ox3

... lemme know

nick :?: :?: :?:

Weird..........I don't see how a patient going from unresponsive to alert could have caused such a reaction in you.Almost sounds like you started having a diabetic emergency!

• 2 years later...

ok yes have to agree that possible panic attack, or......newbie fever, the excitement and the action of things going on then the aaaah and the pt will be fine and people can relax. now you relax and changing you response mode in your body. well you havent eaten or something so your body shifts modes, container relaxes and opens up and pressure drops and we go white and pale and have a slight problem compensating. my guess...combonation of psychogenic shock and something else.

LOL!!! I noticed...especially as I was reading and saw Medfire posted a response, then I checked the date.

I love when posts from 2 years ago are bumped, but at least he did address the OP's scenario and give a decent response.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.