When are we going to wake up as a profession?

rimdup

Are you a member of the NAEMT's or NREMT  

19 members have voted

1. 1.

• NAEMT'S or NREMT
    • NAEMT'S
    • NREMT

Thank you Ruffems.

I personal think this is where the truth is about want "steps" need to be taken for the EMS profession.

I think what needs to be done is find out what classes that Most EMTs and Medics feel a "degree" would need.

I can see both points about Degree vs. Non-degree

the need for better Training/Education I can see every one feels is good

(at lest that is what I am getting from reading the post here)

Yet not sure a degree is need just college level class and more training time both in and out of the class room.

So I have more questions

What classes do you feel would be good for EMT-Bs?

What classes do you feel would be good for Medics?

What classes would you requrie if you were to setup an EMT-B training program?

What classes would you requrie if you were to setup an Medic training program?

If it was your job to hire EMT-Bs what would you wish you could test/do before giving them a job?

If it was your job to hire Medics what would you wish you could test/do before giving them a job?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All great questions. let me ask then,

Why it is that there are places out there that are UNABLE to RSI when it is needed?

Why are there districts that still to this day are not allowed to access port-a-caths?

Why is it so difficult for some of us to get a Doctor and/or a nurse in the er to listen to you on the phone/ radio?

All of these skills are common place for some of us, but in this day and age we as a group continue to struggle to prove our worth out on the street......why? development of a standard is the only way that ALL of us will be respected enough to preform skills that our PTs need. At this point in the "game" furthering your education is all we can do.

We can sit here and argue the difference between a PARAmedic and a PAPERmedic till we puke, the point is to get your education, and better yourself at what you do. Medics these days are coming out of school smarter than my generation of medic did, but as a professional it is up to me to educate myself to that next level. How can anyone of us push to raise the bar on training for those coming through it after us, if we don't raise our own expectations?

Medics these days are coming out of school smarter than my generation of medic did, but as a professional it is up to me to educate myself to that next level. How can anyone of us push to raise the bar on training for those coming through it after us, if we don't raise our own expectations?
Well said. =D>

I commend you for furthering your education and making Our profession better, one medic at a time. Although I do have a AAS degree, my education is continuing, sometimes daily.

All great questions. let me ask then,

Why it is that there are places out there that are UNABLE to RSI when it is needed?

Why are there districts that still to this day are not allowed to access port-a-caths?

Why is it so difficult for some of us to get a Doctor and/or a nurse in the er to listen to you on the phone/ radio?

Sorry I can't answer this since I am not a medic or EMT

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.