Why I love working the overnight...

ERDoc

I hate working overnight shifts, but it is the small things that come up that make it worth the pain. We got a call tonight from a guy that went something like this...

Caller: Hi. I have a question. My wife and I just had anal sex. After we finished I went in the bathroom and cleaned off my tool, if you know what I mean. After that we had normal sex. Do I need to worry about giving her cancer?"

Us: Long, silent, stupified pause...We can't give out medical advice over the phone. If you feel this is an emergency you can call your family doctor.

Caller: No thanks. I think I'll call him on Monday.

Click. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am giving him credit for having the sense to wash it off first.

had a ER doc who I worked with who told a similar story but the guy didn't wash it off. This was during his residency time.

She had a raging vaginal infection, required betadine douches and several antibiotics IV.

It got so bad that she was admitted with an IV Of I think Morphine but diliaudid sounds right too.

She was put in a room with an OB bed and her legs were in stirrups nearly the entire hospital stay.

In the end her fallopian tubes were damaged and other parts of her were damaged by the infection. It was the worst vaginal infection my friend had ever seen.

wow seriously we should take a note from the movie 300 and throw people like that into a pit.....

at the ER i work at I answered the phone for this question:

Me: "ER this is Jenn."

Man: "This is the ER right?"

Me: "Yes sir. Is there something I can help you with?"

Man: "Well I feel stupid asking this... but me and my wife were doing it you know having intercourses tonight."

Me: "Ok and the question is?"

Man:"Oh right, um yeah well when I was sucking on her boob, only because she likes that, i sort of sucked a lil to ahrd and some nasty tasting water stuff came out into my mouth. What was it?"

(ok at this point I'm trying not to snort into the phone because I'm trying not to laugh into the phone)

Me:"Ok sir answer me this is your wife pregnant, or has she recently given birth?"

Man: "Yes she popped one out two weeks ago. Oh is that water stuff the reason the doctor told us not to have intercourses before 6 weeks, because if it is I can just not suck on her boob."

Me:" Well the liquid was probably breat milk but I'm sure thats not why he told you not to have intercourse with your wife for 6 weeks, sir."

Man:" Oh does breast milk really taste that bad?"

Me:"Sir i dont and havent ever drank breast milk so you would be a better judge then me, I suggest having you wife call her doctor in the morning if she's producing breast milk now and wasnt before."

Man: "Well it does taste nasty so I wouldnt suggest trying it ma'am, thanks for the advice bye!"

I wish i had a recording of that phone call because it still makes me chuckle.

I know of lots of men in the past that have enjoyed the wife Breast and cam up with some milk or a few drops and thought it was okay. However I'm sure it has the same taste as what semen would have for a women--some like, some don't...

But thanks for the great storey..

and PS I was not a Breasts Fed Baby----Nursed on Coca Cola

I love working night turn, I have been at my company 6 1/2 yrs and worked 5 years night turn, would not trade it in for anything! Im allergic to daylight.......lol!

Its quiter and when something does happen, its usually a good call.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.