Have you ever touched a patient more than required?

spenac

Have you ever touched a patient more than your job requires?  

39 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • I plead the 5th

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have touched a patient in the same way as most others.. hand holding a sick person, someone that was about to die and even let a family member and/or patient cry on my shoulder. But I also have NEVER EVER thought of touching someone in any other manner than for compassion or comforting.

I answered no.. but the reason is I of course didn't read the question you asked with the poll spenac.. bad me..

I clicked no as well, and I completely agree with Spenac 100 %. Where I WOULD be Compastionate, it is not required and the job can be preformed with out it (the hand holding hugging shoulder to cry on) Where those of us ( very much like myself) that are compasionate and careing, we wouldn't think twice about holding and hugging the little scared pedi in the back of our ambulance BUT we also set ourselves up for false acusations. We must always be careful of our niceness and compasion being miscontrude..........

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.