A BIG ol pet peeve of mine.....

So most of you read my EMS Bunker Gear thread. You get the point I am a fan of PPE on MVCs. Apparantly, these morons aren't

Lets play a game. Who can spot the most foul ups?

http://www.nbc40.net/view_story.php?id=5823

Click on video.

And these are EMS, Fire, and Police representatives from 3 South Jersey cities, including Abescon, Pleasantville, and Atlantic City,(why am I telling you? Cause the video says where it is!) both paid and vollie. Complacency is not limited to either! Wear your PPE!!! That includes those dorky road vests!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly are you talking about?

Fire and EMS providers wearing SHORTS on an MVC.

No road vests, despite being on a major highway.

Fire and EMS providers wearing SHORTS on an MVC.

No road vests, despite being on a major highway.

IMHO, sorts are a no-no in the field in any situation. Sorry for y'all in hot geographical areas. To me they are not necessarily professional and do decrease protection.

Please, no body hit me. :?

IMHO, sorts are a no-no in the field in any situation. Sorry for y'all in hot geographical areas. To me they are not necessarily professional and do decrease protection.

Please, no body hit me. :?

Doc, I am going to respectfully disagree with ya there. There have been multiple heat stress studies done that prove that shorts are beneficial, especially for firemen.

That being said, there is absolutely NO excuse for not pulling up your bunker pants before taking off. Or vollies not having at a minimum of a squad jumpsuit to get into before taking off.

For all we know the highway was completely shut down.

It happened on a NJ Highway. The NJ State Police are notorious for wanting to keep the highway open at all costs. They have even gone so far as to arrest a Chief who refused to move his apparatus when told to by a Trooper, despite the fact that the apparatus was blocking traffic to protect the scene!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.