Why do they allow people to own knives? Man stabs 17 people.

spenac

Should we ban all knives?  

29 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Nice play on antigun sentiment

OK, on that, I am kind of in the middle on this one. I eat venison every now and then, less than one time a year. I like it. However, I don't think I have the "heart" to kill the deer myself.

As for those who do hunt, all I can hope is that they kill only enough to feed themselves and family, not just for trophys for the wall. The trophy can come later.

I've always been of the mindset that 'if you shoot it, you better know how to cook it!', and I also don't believe in 'sport hunting' because you can't eat the horns. I'd much rather take down a spike horn or a 4 point, rather than wait and wait in the hopes of that 12-16 point (or greater) MIGHT cross my path. That and I know that every hunter in the woods is gunning for that 'big rack'.

I'd much rather have 'food in the freezer' than a 'showpiece' on the wall!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree, there is not really much honor in killing for sport. However, I have no problem with hunting for ones meal. In many ways its more humane killing wild game then something that was brought up in a pen or cage, destined to be the next McMeal. I think that all kids should experience killing and cleaning an animal, simply for the perspective of what it actually means to eat meat.

Now, because it needs to be said, I have to ask... If this guy had a gun, how much more damage may he have done? I think its a lot more deadly to shoot into a crowd then to stab into one.

Ah now If someone in that crowd had a permit to carry and Guns weren't banned~ That Knife wielding wild man wouldn't have killed so many people, only he would have died! Now they gonna ban the Trucks? I mean after all they don't know if the victims died of wounds from the truck or from the Knife it's self...... :shock:

And as for the venison, you don't need no bow or rifle, just make it look like an accident and coupled with a darn good insurance company... your car or truck works just as well. Trust me on this one!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Ah now If someone in that crowd had a permit to carry and Guns weren't banned~ That Knife wielding wild man wouldn't have killed so many people, only he would have died!

Assuming, that he went to the shooting range regularly, was a very good marksman, didn't panic, his aim wasn't impeded by the stampeding crowd, the maniac didn't shoot him first then yes only the crazy bastard would have died.

Assuming, that he went to the shooting range regularly, was a very good marksman, didn't panic, his aim wasn't impeded by the stampeding crowd, the maniac didn't shoot him first then yes only the crazy bastard would have died.

Considering the 'bad guy' had only a knife, it seems rather inane to even mention 'if the maniac didn't shoot him first'...if the guy had a gun, why even bother with the knife in the first place?

With the size of the torso, as compared to the size of the head...it's not going to take an expert marksman to hit 'center mass' and still kill the knife weilding yahoo.

All in all, those people that want the government to step in and protect us from ourselves by banning anything and everything that can be used to hurt us....effectively changes our status from 'citizen' to 'SHEEP'! At the end of the day, when the government has succeeded in protecting us from us...who will protect us from THEM???

Even the US Supreme Court has recognized that the 'right to keep and bear arms' is an INDIVIDUAL RIGHT, not one reserved for the military. While the event that happened Japan is a tragedy....had the government NOT banned guns, someone in that crowd would have been able to 'remove the threat', hopefully on a PERMANENT basis.

The mere thought that a potential 'victim' of violent crime may be armed, and willing to take a 'pro-active'stance in their own defense, is in and of itself a deterrent to violent crime. It's time that we stop with the 'kinder gentler America bullshit and wake up to the fact that while that may be a 'good idea', there IS an 'element of society' that will ALWAYS try to take what isn't rightfully theirs....and they will use any amount of force (up to and including the use of deadly force) to reach this end.

The ONLY people that will conform to the 'control' of whatever item or weapon that the government is regulating, will be the law abiding citizenry; the 'criminal element' won't...this just makes their 'job' easier......

All in all, those people that want the government to step in and protect us from ourselves by banning anything and everything that can be used to hurt us....effectively changes our status from 'citizen' to 'SHEEP'!

BAAAAAAAA!!

(lol)