vollys or payed

I wish just once we had a literate volunteer to try and make these arguments.

I spend a lot of time fishing does that make me a professional fisherman? A hobby is a hobby Shakespeare. Deal with it and move yourself up to a professional level, the education obviously is needed in your case.

we have the same accountability as the paramedics and the same responsiblity aswell.

That has to be the single most ignorant statement I have ever read on this site. Not even worthy of further reply.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish just once we had a literate volunteer to try and make these arguments.

I spend a lot of time fishing does that make me a professional fisherman? A hobby is a hobby Shakespeare. Deal with it and move yourself up to a professional level, the education obviously is needed in your case.

That has to be the single most ignorant statement I have ever read on this site. Not even worthy of further reply.

Just wait, I'm sure Dust will have something good to say about this. To the OP, seriously, spend less time volunteering and more time in a classroom. English classes would be a great start.

Fire/emt, how in the h*ll can you have the same responsibility and accountability as a paramedic if you are not one? As an intermediate, I do not have the same accountability and responsibility as a medic and you certainly do not as a basic. Yes, you are responsible for caring for your patient, but the treatment options available to you are so limited when compared to a medic that you cannot draw parallels.

I was a volunteer way back when and had some of the same ideas that you do now. Then I woke up and realized I knew damn near nothing. Now I'm an intermediate and I still know damn near nothing. Once I get my last kid out of school (two years) I'll get my paramedic and then maybe, just maybe, I'll start to scratch the surface....

Fire/emt, how in the h*ll can you have the same responsibility and accountability as a paramedic if you are not one? As an intermediate, I do not have the same accountability and responsibility as a medic and you certainly do not as a basic. Yes, you are responsible for caring for your patient, but the treatment options available to you are so limited when compared to a medic that you cannot draw parallels.

I was a volunteer way back when and had some of the same ideas that you do now. Then I woke up and realized I knew damn near nothing. Now I'm an intermediate and I still know damn near nothing. Once I get my last kid out of school (two years) I'll get my paramedic and then maybe, just maybe, I'll start to scratch the surface....

Wait a second, you mean as a paramedic I have the same responsibility as a doctor and a nurse even if I'm not a doc or a nurse? Sign me up.

Just wait, I'm sure Dust will have something good to say about this. To the OP, seriously, spend less time volunteering and more time in a classroom. English classes would be a great start.

Speaking of the devil where has he been? I have not seen any new posts of his in a while. Heck I even started a topic that I knew would stir him up, yet no response.

They take the same training, They take more of an interests in there communities and nieghbor hoods then some payed who get's in to i'm only here for the paycheck mode of thing. 8)

They take the same training, They take more of an interests in there communities and nieghbor hoods then some payed who get's in to i'm only here for the paycheck mode of thing. 8)

You are truly not helping any vollies by living up to the sterotype that it is the posts that support the vollies that have the worst English.

You are truly not helping any vollies by living up to the sterotype that it is the posts that support the vollies that have the worst English.

Me thinks that the post was meant to be some what facetious.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.