vollys or payed

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I thought my post was pretty self explanatory, but I'll clarify it a little more. Yesterday was 93 degrees in the shade, with high humidity. I felt fine coming in to work. I had my liter bottle of water with me while I worked. While working, on one call, I lost enough fluid to become symptomatic. If you can't understand how someone can not realize the symptoms of then only mild dehydration while working in an emotionally charged environment, then not feel symptoms while sitting in an air conditioned ambulance, and then only feel the effects of hypovolemia when he stands in one place in the ER, I suggest you review the effects of the sympathetic nervous system, and orthostatic hypotension and its manifestations. Or perhaps I could just send you my undershirt and uniform shirt so you can see how much fluid I actually lose on one call. I'll even put it in a biohazard bag for you.

Got one in a size medium?

Ahhhh... SVA. I believe that surfaced because of our neighbors to the east?

NJSFAC.gif

New Jersey, gives every volunteer a bad name; dragging EMS kicking and screaming back to 1940. You really can't group us all with Jersey. I think we should do a solid, and give Jersey back to the English, the French, Spain, hell.. Iran. Drill, blast and set it afloat.

Volley had a lot more passion for the job because you are doing this out of the goodness of your heart

if you are paid you just do it for the money but dont admit it most of the time

I agree but don't agree, I agree vollies do it out of there heart, like me, being a volly FF.

But I disagree with paid part, i do it cause I want to be a paid EMT and I enjoy it, I would volunteer on one of my off days if I had a volly EMS close by.

I know many paid fire fighters or EMTS/medics doing it for money and would not dare go volly.

Since my original post got deleted because ... , I'm just going to sit on the sidelines and beat my head against the wall, while displaying my shirt!

Tatamy2006022.jpg

Cool shirt...... :lol:

Yes, very cool shirt.

She fills it out well, too bad you ruined the picture dude.... :D:D:D

Yes yes inded, thats the shirt I was talking about..... :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.