vollys or payed

Hi

ok just a question. who do you think has more passion to the job?

volunteers or payed

I know most of you will go with what you are volly or payed but i would like you too look deep. I not looking who has more training or have more call. I looking for passion.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my GOD!! Duck and cover. :duckie:

The search function is your friend. This debate has been argued and locked several times.

Paid. We have standards that must be followed as conditions for retaining our employment. The volunteer system can't inforce any standards because you give away for free and can make your mortgage without it. Piss poor standards, piss poor patient care.

Your money theory is :bs: . I have to work two jobs to pay my bills, and I don't have that many bills. Before I went PRN and dropped my benefits I made $7.07/hr as a PARAMEDIC.

Oh, and I'm looking for a well constructed paragraph that is easy to read and understand. That is my passion.

Thread-I_like_where_this_thread_is_.jpg

Paid.

1. They've devoted their lives to this as a profession, not just a hobby.

2. They don't (can't) pick which runs to take.

3. They have a stake in EMS past being a hobby.

4. There's less complaining about increased education (zomg! I can do extra training because I've got a real job!)

Hi

ok just a question. who do you think has more passion to the job?

volunteers or payed

I know most of you will go with what you are volly or payed but i would like you too look deep. I not looking who has more training or have more call. I looking for passion.

Hey man. No bashing here, but I have to wonder what your question really is? The one you posted is obviously phrased for the answer that you're looking for, that vollies are more passionate...So that doesn't seem to be the real motivation...

What is it that you're really looking for? Validation that vollies are valuable? Other vollies that feel as you do? C'mon...give! :wink:

Dwayne

Who gives a rat's hind parts about passion.

I want someone that is knowledgable enough to know when they don't know enough. Passion has nothing to do with it. When you reduce a profession to the emotion it shouldn't take to begin with, you cheapen everyone involved.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.