Uniforms - How should we dress for the heat?

Alright I just got a weather alert in my area. I'll paste it below. Based on the standard being dark pants, black boots, etc what should we wear that will still appear professional while addressing these extremes?

Severe Weather Alert

Special Weather Statement

GUADALUPE MOUNTAINS OF EDDY COUNTY- EDDY COUNTY PLAINS- NORTHERN LEA COUNTY-CENTRAL LEA COUNTY-SOUTHERN LEA COUNTY-GAINES- DAWSON-BORDEN-SCURRY- ANDREWS-MARTIN-HOWARD-MITCHELL- VAN HORN AND HIGHWAY 54 CORRIDOR- REEVES COUNTY AND UPPER TRANS PECOS-LOVING- WINKLER-ECTOR-MIDLAND- GLASSCOCK-WARD- CRANE-UPTON-REAGAN-DAVIS/APACHE MOUNTAINS AREA- PECOS-PRESIDIO VALLEY- MARFA PLATEAU-BIG BEND AREA-TERRELL- GUADALUPE MOUNTAINS- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...QUEEN...ARTESIA... CARLSBAD... CARLSBAD CAVERNS NP... TATUM...HOBBS...LOVINGTON...EUNICE... JAL... SEMINOLE...LAMESA...GAIL... SNYDER...ANDREWS...STANTON... BIG SPRING...COLORADO CITY...VAN HORN... PECOS...MENTONE... RED BLUFF LAKE... KERMIT...ODESSA...MIDLAND...GARDEN CITY... MONAHANS...CRANE...MCCAMEY... RANKIN...BIG LAKE...ALPINE... FORT STOCKTON...PRESIDIO...MARFA...BIG BEND NP...MARATHON... SANDERSON...GUADALUPE MOUNTAINS NP...PINE SPRINGS 240 PM CDT SUN JUN 1 2008 /140 PM MDT SUN JUN 1 2008/

...THREE CONSECUTIVE DAYS OF TRIPLE DIGIT HEAT WITH MORE EXPECTED...

PERSISTENT TRIPLE DIGIT HEAT HAS SET UP ACROSS SOUTHEAST NEW MEXICO...THE PERMIAN BASIN...AND PARTS OF THE TRANS PECOS AS HIGH PRESSURE ALOFT IS IN CONTROL. TODAY IS THE THIRD CONSECUTIVE DAY OF 100 DEGREE READINGS IN MANY LOCATIONS...AND THE HOTTEST TEMPERATURES ARE STILL YET TO COME. HIGH TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO INCREASE A DEGREE OR TWO EACH DAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY. WEDNESDAY IS EXPECTED TO BE THE HOTTEST DAY WITH TEMPERATURES RANGING FROM NEAR 106 IN SNYDER...TO 110 IN MIDLAND/ODESSA... AND 116 AROUND PECOS AND WINK. THE LATEST FORECAST HAS TEMPERATURES 100 DEGREES OR GREATER THROUGH NEXT WEEKEND...MAKING 9 CONSECUTIVE DAYS OF TRIPLE DIGIT HEAT POSSIBLE. THIS HOT SPELL HAS THE POTENTIAL TO RANK IN THE TOP TEN OCCURRENCES OF CONSECUTIVE 100 DEGREE DAYS... AND TO RANK IN THE TOP THREE OCCURRENCES OF CONSECUTIVE 105 DEGREE DAYS SINCE RECORDS BEGAN BEING KEPT IN 1930.

IF YOU MUST BE OUTSIDE LIMIT YOUR EXPOSURE TO THE SUN BY WEARING LIGHT COLORED CLOTHING...HATS...AND USE SUN SCREEN. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER TO STAY HYDRATED AND AVOID CAFFEINATED DRINKS AND DRINKS THAT CONTAIN ALCOHOL."

Wear a light uniform and use the AC a lot? Get one of those bandanna things that you dip in water and it gets cold for 8 hours? Drink a lot of cold water?

Show up in the buff?

I got no problem with dressy khaki shorts being worn with a lightweight white shirt. Obviously, all other standards of neatness and professional appearance need still apply. But I firmly believe that you can look quite professional without fully covered legs. Probably a good idea to have bunker pants or something similar to pull over for rescue scenarios as well.

Maybe those white pith helmets with the solar powered fans in them too? :lol:

unfortunately for me here in indiana we get hot ass weather and HUMIDITY THAT KILLS.. well at my service we still have to wear dark blue BDU Pants, and light blue polyester crap shirts.. Ever see Mallrats by Kevin Smith.. yeah Mr. LaFours.. that's my uniform shirt with a white tshirt underneath.. kill me man.. I want to die most of the time in the summer.. only protection I have is underarmor that keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.. other than that I just drink lots of water and hope I don't pass out from the heat.

we wear same all year round, the light blue shirts and pocket pants, I would like Polos or T-shirt in summer, but doesnt matter to me. Half my co-workers dont wear proper uniforms anyway :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.