So scared, NREMT basic done

LOl Dust. Good point. Top that with one person's good is another's bad. My good was taught by a practicing EMS flight nurse that gave us more than we needed to pass the test because it is better if you know why you are doing something. He quizzed daily and accepted no excuses. Many called him a hard ass but I loved him. I am not just saying that because he is gone now (see med flight crash, 3 exceptional people killed) I say that because I truly feel I will be able to provide good pre-hospital care.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful. I knew that. I just wanted to see you say it again, because it's important that everyone else here read that. Again, condolences for a horrible loss, and congratulations on a job wonderfully done. :thumbright:

The more you get wrong, the more they ask you on that particular subject up to 130 questions. After that....you know you failed. It's how the computerized NR test works.

it can go either way.....either you suck and failed easily in 75 questions or you are so smucken fart that you passed in 75 questions.....or the computer can't tell whether or not to boot you because you are borderline pass/fail. If one is an average test taker, it is most likely that they will be answering a good number of questions.

The way it is explained to people about to take the computerized test is that there is a max of 130 questions. There is not a set number of questions each person has to answer...its based on your knowledge. If you know your schit, you answer at least 90 if I remember correctly. From that point, if you got any wrong, they ask you more questions pertaining to that particular subject. The more you get wrong, the more you have to answer. This is what I was told by instructers, people from NR, and.......it holds true if you question your peers about the test and how many questions they had to answer. Everyone I know that had to answer the least amout of questions, say in the 90s, passed. Everyone else that had to answer more questions like in the 120s up to the max...failed. I was asked 93, passed. Of course I'm not perfect....this is just what I have been told by the people who got me preped for my test. Of course they don't tell you if you passed or not right then but people usually know when they've failed.

Anyone from NR out there that can elaberate a bit on the computerized testing??

I just took my test this morning and it quit after 75 questions. If I remember correctly, I’m pretty sure I got my last question wrong. From what I hear that can only mean bad news. I'll let you know what I find out.

I just took my test this morning and it quit after 75 questions. If I remember correctly, I’m pretty sure I got my last question wrong. From what I hear that can only mean bad news. I'll let you know what I find out.

I thought the same thing when I took my medic test only to find out I passed. You passed, too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.