So scared, NREMT basic done

I did my NREMT Basic CBT this morning at 8. I am not a morning person but did not want to wait 3 more weeks for a better time slot. I did not pay attention to how many questions I had but it was under 70. I keep thinking over the questions and wondering if I did in fact choose the right answer that was "more right". I get so anxious during the test and then am a wreck while I wait for the results. 2 business days is going to kill me. All that I keep thinking is "is it possible that I could have failed, what if they were going for... instead"

I may have just given myself away as a nut case lol

I did feel like this after my course final and came out of that with a 97, why am I not confident? I just wish there was one right answer or the entire scenario was laid out because I DO know my stuff.

Well, if all else fails (if I fail) I will be right back as soon as they let me.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I wouldn't spend any more time agonizing over it....Good for you!

Besides, it's done right? All of the anxiety in the world isn't going to change a single answer on your test...Relax...take a break...Check on Monday for your results.

But as spenac said, it's looks really good for you. Stop worrying now, and plan your next educational step instead!

Have a great weekend!

Dwayne

I'm sure that if you got a 97 on your course final that you should pass the national with flying colors. Don't worry. Besides, you're not a nut case, at least no more than any of the other nut cases around here. :wink:

I'm sure that if you got a 97 on your course final that you should pass the national with flying colors.

Unless you took a really, really good EMT course. Those risk making you too smart to pass the stupid test. :lol:

You're in! Welcome aboard!

Just wait until you have to take the national registry paramedic exam. I'll give you some advice on that one... think like a basic, 80% of the questions are basic life support answers. If you happen to be in a really fantastic paramedic program and come out super smart, stop at the local McD's and let them talk to you for a few minutes. You'll need the IQ drain to be able to pass that incredibly easy exam.

Well, enough about my feelings on the retarded national registry. I'm sure you did fine. Enjoy your weekend!

Shit, that is what I am scared of lol. I was in an incredibly good course. I am afraid that I may have over thought the whole thing. Well, if that is what I did then I will just have to take it again and try to keep it as simple as possible. I really hope that is not the case.

You probably did fine. If you didn't pass this time, more than likely you did over think the questions. The best course of action is to simplify, simplify, simplify for that test.

I will give the registry just a tiny bit of credit, even though it pains me to do so. You really have to have a good grip on reading comprehension to do well on the exam. Those questions need to be read slowly, digested, and finally answered. Some of the smartest folks I know failed the first time because they breezed through the exam without paying much attention to words such as: NOT, BUT, OR, etc. My best advice, read each word in the question. Generally you can knock off one or two answers as incorrect straight away. After you are left with two reasonable choices, read the question again, and choose your answer. Listen to your gut instinct, and don't second guess yourself. Studies have shown that students that change their test answers will generally have been correct the first time.

Now, relax. Enjoy your weekend. Get your passing results, and head off to college for your paramedic degree. :wink:

I was in an incredibly good course.

Everyone says that, even if their course sucked.

How do you really know it was good?

just relax and not stress if you did that well in the regular class i know you did fine on the test and as the others have said

monday (2morrow) it'll say simply

congratulatins you passed

so in short relax(you earned it ) and look into your NEXT level

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.